Would it be wrong for me to hang out with my ex's friends?

Long story short I loved him, he was a shitty unfaithful boyfriend, and he left me and is living his life hanging out with girls going out to bars enjoying himself however he can. I made a lot of friends while I dated him for a year. guys and girls and they all really like me and I'd hate to lose them over a breakup. they've asked me to hang out but some of them are also guys who asked to chill but it would be just us... I'm not going to hook up with them or anything but I also don't want to cause any problems or have my ex get the wrong idea if he finds out. We live in a small town and we have a lot of mutual friends anyway but I would like to eventually be on good terms with him and I feel like I have to not have a social life in order to make sure he doesn't get mad or angry with me. One of our mutual friends who is a guy asked me to hang out which I'd assume would be just us and I said yes but I feel like I'm just sparking a problem when I'm just trying to hang out and be social.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I have ran into the same situation before with my ex. Her best friend tried to date me for months but I just couldn't do it out of respect. There are so many people out there you can date with out the baggage, but it would be a good way to get back at your ex.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If he was unfaithful and is feeling good enough to hang out with girls and party, don't even care about his feelings. They are your friends too now. They want to see you. You're not putting yourself in a position where you're asking them to get closer to him. Nobody owns friends and if he really gets mad about that, he is immature. HE fucked up. HE was unfaithful, HE was a shitty boyfriend. It's his own problem to deal with, not yours

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes