Is it wrong to find girls really awesome?

Okay I am not one of those weird guys that is insane about girls but I just have huge respect for them and would rather have female friends than male friends because 1. They understand a lot more than guys and 2. I have been told it's good to have opposite sex as friends. Is it weird or wrong to have huge respect for girls?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would that be a bad thing? It's not weird or wrong at all. I mean, you should have guy friends as well, but having girls as friends is not a bad thing, and is even encouraged

Most Helpful Guy

• Not wrong but there's a slight caveat I want to throw in which may not describe you but it's something to keep in mind.

You generally don't want to become "one of the girls" if you're very attracted to them. At some point when a male and female dance together, one has to take the lead. One has to be the man.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the ultimate type of respect for a person doesn't see them as like a superior form of the human species. That's not "respect" exactly, it's more like "idolatry". To respect another person and not merely idolize often involves acknowledging their flaws and accepting them regardless for who they really are. The most respectful stance towards a person is not necessarily always feeding them what they want to hear in order to win points, but may even be willing to disagree with them and challenge some of their views (but with a respectful tone).

And there will often come a point if you want to get sexual and intimate with a girl where you have to turn off the mild-mannered gentleman mode and unleash that inner beast -- the one that wants to grab her with firm hands and feel her body.

At some point you generally have to separate yourself from the girls if you want to attract. At some point you have to remember that they're the "opposite sex".

What Girls Said 1

• No that's awesome and I'm the same way, I like hanging out with guys more than girls haha

What Guys Said 2

• it not weird or wrong. The only thing I would say is make all people earn your respect and not just give it to them base or race, sex, age, etc.

• Im with ya