What do you do when you fall in love with someone 500 miles away?

He knew I was leaving when we met, but he said I was unlike anyone he's ever met, that he's never told anyone so much about himself. And I feel the same way.

The circumstances of our meeting were pretty vulnerable, especially on my end, so I was kind of surprised to hear him say that. We only met 6 weeks ago, but we got close fast. Which isn't something I normally do. But for the past week, I've been 500 miles away. Honestly, I don't think our distance will ever get shorter. He's right to say this won't work. For some reason, I so desperately want it to.

You'll tell me I'll move on. I'll meet someone else. That doesn't really help right now. What do I do right now?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I are long distance.
    Don't worry you are not alone.
    I can definitely give you a detailed list on how to do a LDR relationship, follow and PM me anytime :D
    Don't let distance discourage you!

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm going to take you up on the list haha but he's the one who is discouraged

• Oh he is? I'll help you out as best I can!

• Thank you!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Sorry to say it, but you answered your own question. You're in a shitty situation and I feel bad for you but, at the end of the day there's only one solution to this and unfortunately you already know what that is. Gotta turn the page and close this chapter in your life and move on. Sorry kiddo. Aside from you moving back or him moving to where you are, there are no other solutions.

As for what to do now, well I think the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Also in times of mental or emotional distress drinking heavily cannot be underestimated.

That's how I'd deal with this and did in fact once upon a time. I don't suggest you do likewise and I also don't suggest that's an intelligent answer, but it's the only answer I know of.

The bottom line is the only thing that's going to make this better is the passing of time.

I was in a similar situation once. Ended it and moved on. Started that processs by getting laid a few times and drinking on the daily for a few weeks. It helped numb it temporarily and eventually after enough time passed it got better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Phone sex. It will really open your mind and you'll realize it's not working.

0|0
    0|0
  • 500 or 5000 doesn't really matter if you can't see that person the same day and go back home all you can do is relocate maybe where there live for it to work

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Try it. If it works it works, and if it doesn't then you can't say you didn't try. My sister lived over 5,000 miles from her now husband for a few years and they've now been married over 12 years. If it's meant to be it will all fall into place. The real question is if you both wanted that bad, which one of you will make the sacrifice to make it happen?

0|0
    0|0
  • Long-distance relationships can be challenging , and are very difficult to maintain , but if two people really love each other and want to be together they'll be patient and find a way to overcome the obstacles and challenges that come their way.

It has to be mutual though. Love is worth fighting for, but not if you're the only one who is making the effort to make it survive the distance. You can't "fight "alone. He needs to want it to work just as much as you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would wait for him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes