Girlfriend dumped me but wants to remain in contact... why?

ok 3 weeks ago she dumped me and we haven't talked in like 2 weeks and then all of a sudden she shows up at my house to give me 3 shirts and a hat I gave her. And then 3 days later I ran into her newphew at the mall and I told him to wish her happy birthday to me and then I bounced. When I was leaving the mall he stopped me and told me that she was looking for me & wanted to see me (nervous). I said oh okay, when she came to me her sisters were glaring at me and eventually walked away. My Ex told me that I was made her reconsider her no friends with Ex's rule. She said it was cause she always wanted to be my friend even before we dated. During the whole talk of 30mins she was talking to normal lke we didn't even break up she was comment omg on. My lips basically flirting. And she said you can text me I didn't block your number of you noticed etc and balls in my court. But I'm just confused this is my first girlfriend I'm her 2nd boyfriend. We have had sex before and I don't know if that keeps it but yea she basically let me know that she wanted me to contact her. Does this mean she might get back together one day

We been together for 9months by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• u r her back up boy... leave her... and find ur peace with someone else

• She told me she's done with relationships after me,, and she pretty stubborn when she made her mind up which is why it made it weird saying she wanted to keep in contact with me. This happened yesterday I haven't texted her yet

• stay safe..
      tc

• I know she ended it cause of her wanting to live right cause of religion and sex and on top of that she just moved away at college from her mom house and paying her own bills now but she was serious about cutting off her ex's as friends cause her girlfriends told me she does but for some reason she wanted to stay in contact with me

What Girls Said 1

• I would advise you to loose contact with her to avoid any confusion and if she have a guy that she's starting to be intimate with, th en it will hurt you.

• She told me she was done with relationships and that she was working on herself. And I know there's no1 else cause she doesn't talk to anyone like that and she says something she means like like not being friends with her Ex's which threw me off why she wanted to remain in contact with me

What Guys Said 3

• Your post is typical and nothing unique here—been there done that. Don’t get excited or the wrong idea because you have something she needs—usually financial, taking care of her illegitimate kids or one on the way, fix the washing machine/car/other, …. etc. Who knows maybe the boyfriend needs bail money. Just don’t kid yourself, it is not you she is after—that is false. That is the typical detrimental response by men. I have one that still wanted to get back together after 30yrs—a total fallacy. The thing that saved me: Once someone leaves you—never go back—and that I can guarantee is the best advice.

• Nope she will never want you back. She just friend zoned you dude. She wants all the perks of being with you without the dating. She still wants to talk and hang out and be around you and use you for emotional support but only as a friend. Only if you want her as a none datable female friend should you text her.

• She told me she wanted to work on herself she did have a lot to juggle, but what was weird id that she was acting like my girlfriend I know she wanted to kiss me she commented on my lips

• Well if you want her as a friend then go for it. However if your dating someone new in the future don't let them know that your friends with your ex. Introduce her as your friend. If she is working on herself then be friends and give her space to work. Just don't expect any thing more than being friends.

• That actually sounds like the smart thing to do

• Sounds like she she might want you back.

• Take out the 2nd she lol. I would send her a text and tread lightly..

• Relationships don't get any easier actually lol. In your situation though, just text her again and go from there. Trust your gut feelings.

• Yea I heard some pretty jacked up marriage stories lol I'm just learning as I go but so far my gut feeling has been wrong like she hates me I won't hear from her and before I was thinking it might be a bad idea to text her but everyone says other wise