Has someone ever broken your heart and you were so devastated that you decided to move? If so, how far, did you go?

• At least to the next town
    38%(8)33%(13)Vote28%(5)
  • Another county
    5%(1)15%(6)Vote28%(5)
  • Out of State
    43%(9)41%(16)Vote39%(7)
  • Out of the Country
    14%(3)11%(4)Vote5%(1)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Please specify how far you went.

Most Helpful Guy

• I moved 1,600 kilometres, from Townsville to the Gold Coast.
    Twenty-four years later, I bumped into her in a tiny town 500 kilometres south-west of the Gold Coast.

• Omg, what happened when you saw her?

• @Bobbyhill1
      I look upon them as collateral damage.
      Unfortunate, but unavoidable.

• That's a cold story but I know she must have hurt you badly.

Most Helpful Girl

• 2200 miles. Never regretted the move either.

What Guys Said 17

• I was never hurt by someone so much that I moved, but I was hurt to the point where I avoided the whole city of New Orleans for a long time. But then one day I woke up and realized that by letting her restrict my movements, she was still controlling me. That day I packed all my shit for a long weekend and and rented a suite a the Omni Royal Crescent and and burned through the quarter like I it was my last day on earth (three days in a row). Two things happened: 1.) It was the best time of my life I had alone and I moved on. 2.) We ran into to each other (the thing I had been avoiding) and I was not only able to stomach to the sight of her but also I was able to do it with a smile.

Sometimes we can slay our monsters as they rise. Sometimes we have to run away from those monsters, but only long enough to find out how to conquer them.

• I didn't move away myself but I had an ex move overseas to a country in asia for work , I'm not sure if she was heartbroken or she actually did this as a career move , haven't seen or heard from her in a year

• How did it end between you?

• No information.. that must be frustrating!

• I know for certain that she is in fact over there working but don't know much else , she hasn't been back here and I've never heard anything from her

• I went from Portland, Ore... flushed the ring down the toilet in her parents house-and got on the next Greyhound to Newark, N. J.

• 3000 miles...

• Nope, I've never moved because someone broke my heart. I'm not gonna let them control my life like that.

Only reason to move out was if I lived with them.

• Yeah I moved 2500 miles away

• I will not let anyone control where and how I live. I've been devastatingly heartbroken many times but I never moved because of such, just moved on in my lifestyle.

• I didn't, but I would move to another country

• I did that

• Nope not move at all..

• yes that happened to me before lots of time, but i haven't moved out to anywhere

• Nope.

• Yes, I was very hurt and crushed. I moved about 160 miles to Los Angeles, where I live today.

• lol Yes, but no moving

• This never happened to me.

• from utah to florida

• ... or at least to the doorstep of the next guy that pays attention to her

What Girls Said 10

• I've moved as far as 1,300 miles however it wasn't because I had my heart broken, it was because I was the one who broke his heart. I couldn't stay off my knees or keep my panties on, I couldn't quit being a Whore. I had my heart broken when I lived in Jacksonville, FL. I was seeing a guy who was OK with the fact I'm a Whore and he dicked me down good one night and the next morning moved to Miami and never said a word. Once I realized he wasn't coming back I left and moved to Atlanta, GA.

• Yeah but I had to move, I didn't have a choice

• You should watch A movie i think its searching for ideal man or perfect man

Anyways it has Hillary Duff on it

• That's so stupid the only way I would move is because I live with him if that's not the case I'm not moving.

• I never moved, it just took me 3 years to get over him

• no. because moving means they still control you. i would only move if it was incidental to something else. but break-ups have prompted me to take vacations.

• Nope, did not happen

• I am in this situation... my boyfriend of three years whom I lived with said that he doesn't want to be tied down in a relationship anymore. I haven't been happy living where we live for a while and been very homesick so I am moving away back with my parents. So a big part of it was the heart break of the relationship ending, the other was just that I knew I wasn't living where I was supposed to live.

• moving for change of scenery not necessarily from being hurt. gone from east coast to west coast.

• I went from Ohio to Texas for grad school cuz my college boyfriend broke my heart.