Breaking up due to my mental health worsening? Will he cut me off?

So I've been dating my boyfriend for a while now, and we both love each other. It's not that I don't cherish him anymore.

However, my depression has hit me hard the past few months in an awful relapse, it's been worse than ever and I'm going really downhill. I keep feeling too stressed and tired to make plans with him due to the sadness.

I'm constantly crying, and even though he says he can put up with my breakdowns and long periods of isolation, the guilt is eating me up. I feel like I'm not ready for a relationship in my life at the moment, so I want to go back to being good friends with him.

But my biggest fear that has been haunting me is that he won't want to be my friend anymore, he'll ignore me and shut me out or get angry that I want to break up. Tho he said that would never happen, it scares me because we've been friends for so long

If your partner broke up due to these circumstances, would you shut them out? I really need some closure because I'm terrified. It's not like it's because of him too.

21