How can I show him that I'm not going to let him take me for granted?

So here is the thing, My boyfriend just graduated high school today (I'm no long in high school) and we made plans for today since, I never got to spend much time with him due to his being in school still. Well I sent him a message asking when he wanted to meet up and we as it seems he had no intentions to hang out with me today, (we've been together for over a year) I found that out on Facebook because a conversation between him and his friend appeared on my faceboob news feed discussing hanging out today. I'm so sick of his friends and I want him to learn that he needs to stop taking for granted that I'll always be here when it's a good time for him! I've already told him that I refuse to continue going out of my way to see him by spending a half hour driving to his house every weekend and he can make new plans because I'm not doing it anymore until he can get his act together. What would be some other ways I can get this message across to him (no I'm not going to have a temporary break up either)

Thanks in advance for your help

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go out of your way for him. Make him come to you. If he really cares about you he'll want to see you more and spend time with you. The more you give, the more he'll take you for granted. Then you'll feel unappreciated, and that can ruin your relationship. Goodluck! Be strong!

What Guys Said 2

• Bite his testicles off and smash them with a sledgehammer. That, or move towns.

• We already live in different towns, Oh that's already been a consideration believe me, =P

• Well I woudn't be so bad if this wasn't the millionth time he's done this, and at some point it because unacceptable

• Well put up with it until you can put up with it no longer. What more can be said?

• He probably want's some time to do what he wants to do guy stuff without you, either that or your not giving him what he needs and its frustrating him (sex).

• Trust me he's getting what he needs on a daily basis

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!