How can I show him that I'm not going to let him take me for granted?

So here is the thing, My boyfriend just graduated high school today (I'm no long in high school) and we made plans for today since, I never got to spend much time with him due to his being in school still. Well I sent him a message asking when he wanted to meet up and we as it seems he had no intentions to hang out with me today, (we've been together for over a year) I found that out on Facebook because a conversation between him and his friend appeared on my faceboob news feed discussing hanging out today. I'm so sick of his friends and I want him to learn that he needs to stop taking for granted that I'll always be here when it's a good time for him! I've already told him that I refuse to continue going out of my way to see him by spending a half hour driving to his house every weekend and he can make new plans because I'm not doing it anymore until he can get his act together. What would be some other ways I can get this message across to him (no I'm not going to have a temporary break up either)

Thanks in advance for your help
2
1