Is my boyfriend mentally unhealthy?

Last weekend we almost broke up. So yesterday I ignored him for 24 hours, thinking about things. He texted last night 2 times asking how I was doing. I didn't respond. Called me 2 times and I didn't answer.
So then I wake up to long text accusing me of neglect and ignoring him and he's fed up and not gonna be a pushover. Basically dumping me because he thought I was dumping him.
I said he fcked up and freaked out and to not text me. Then i send him more messages saying bye on each one. And he responds saying to stop texting him then. Went on all day back n forth with each other. Because he felt ignored. Wtf I see his true colors now.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That "bye" thing makes me think of texts my ex sent me after we broke up, she'd often end them with "bye" or "that's all".

The advice I'd give both you and him is stop sending reflexive texts. It may be to late for your relationship but regardless take the time to think about anything you say or do.

And don't just respond to him to get the last word you'll feel better and he'll have more respect for you if you stay calm and refrain from pointless text bickering. With texts the last word always loses

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal for a girl to act up a little but he's supposed to fight for it not give up after a few tries y'all should sort it out somehow

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Quit playing games and phone tag and sit down and talk this out. Neither of you are getting anywhere with this type of behavior.

1|1
    0|0
  • Last weekend you almost broke up. So 4 days later you say to youeself "ok, you know what ill ignore him because thats a smart thing to do." You are 32 and acting like an 18 year old. Sit down like 2 adults and talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • may be not.. it just he had a hard luck finding a girl.. so each time you don't respone he think you will so leave like other.. that why he behaves like that
    but in some it cn be the case of mental illness

0|0
    0|0
  • You ignored him, he dumped you... what's the issue?

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's get real. You almost broke up, and he texted you concerned and instead of responding or telling him you just need time to think you ignore him like a child. So he understandably feels neglected because you are making the conscious decision to ignore him so he feels he should leave and be with someone who will like talking to him or at least have the common curtesy to say you still need more time to think. But instead of doing that you take the childish, almost baby approach of getting mad because he doesn't want to be with you because of you purposefully ignoring him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• That is the worse seeing someone's true colors when upset. Better now then later honestly some guys are such losers.

0|0
    0|0
    • He probably had thoughts about breaking up and wanted to discuss it with her. She ignored him and he made up his mind to ditch the bitch. It actually makes perfect sense.

• @Liisjak haha didn't think about that

• That man has a lot of insecurity issues...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes