Have you ever heard this or said this during a break up?

Have you ever heard this or said this during a break up?Your partner starts the break up talk and, when you start to show any emotion, he or she says:

IT'S NOT YOU. . . IT'S ME.

And then. . . do you have at least a tiny, brief thought that you'd like to kick them in the ass for saying something so totally lame? Isn't that the cheesiest break up excuse anybody ever used?

• I have never heard or said "It's not you. It's me."
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." But I didn't want to kick my partner in the ass.
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." And, yeah, I wanted to kick my partner in the ass.
    Vote C
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." And I kicked my partner in the ass.
    Vote D
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I didn't think it was lame.
    Vote E
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I knew it was lame and I prayed that my partner wouldn't want to kick me in the ass.
    Vote F
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I knew it was lame. My partner kicked me in the ass.
    Vote G

244

Most Helpful Girl

• " it's not you, it's me " translates to "IT'S TOTALLY YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE" and yeah I hate people who use this as an excuse to break up. they're just trying to be nice but they come off as basic and lame

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard the it's not you it's me and it made me wonder... What exactly the problem is after that?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE