Have you ever heard this or said this during a break up?

Have you ever heard this or said this during a break up?Your partner starts the break up talk and, when you start to show any emotion, he or she says:

IT'S NOT YOU. . . IT'S ME.

And then. . . do you have at least a tiny, brief thought that you'd like to kick them in the ass for saying something so totally lame? Isn't that the cheesiest break up excuse anybody ever used?
  • I have never heard or said "It's not you. It's me."
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." But I didn't want to kick my partner in the ass.
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." And, yeah, I wanted to kick my partner in the ass.
    Vote C
  • I have heard "It's not you. It's me." And I kicked my partner in the ass.
    Vote D
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I didn't think it was lame.
    Vote E
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I knew it was lame and I prayed that my partner wouldn't want to kick me in the ass.
    Vote F
  • I have said "It's not you. It's me." I knew it was lame. My partner kicked me in the ass.
    Vote G

244

Most Helpful Girl

• " it's not you, it's me " translates to "IT'S TOTALLY YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE" and yeah I hate people who use this as an excuse to break up. they're just trying to be nice but they come off as basic and lame

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard the it's not you it's me and it made me wonder... What exactly the problem is after that?