I broke up with her but wanted to be friends, she went no contact and her birthday is coming up. Should I reach out?

So I dated this girl for a little over a year. As time went on I could tell that she wasn't who I wanted to be with long term, and I also had a lot of stress in my life (eg school, life in general, etc), and I began to view time with her as time wasted, so I decided to end it. She was hurt and crying... Saying she loved me and what not... I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't want to waste her time if I knew deep down it wouldn't work out long term.

So I wanted to remain friends, but she didn't want to see me anymore. She said that every time she thinks about me she starts crying and she needs space. I told her to reach out to me when she's ready. Well my birthday came around and she wished me well. And we've talked on the phone a couple times, but she still hasn't told me she wants to see me or hang out and we broke up like 6 months ago. It's been about a month since we last spoke and her birthday is coming up. Should I wish her well or leave her alone?

01