Has anyone ever had an ex come back when they were the one to end it? I want to keep some hope but I know I need to move on?

Me and my ex met at the start of Dec and we hit it off straight away! He stayed with me for a few days when me met, went on a date and he met my family (his idea). I was invited to his house that he shares with his mum for Boxing Day day dinner with some of his family. We said I love you to each other and it was going so great! We were inseparable. Spent over two weeks together and NYE. He told me he was so so happy etc. And so was I. I came back home the day after New Year's Day and he text me as usual saying he loved me and I thought everything was fine until he started ignoring me. few days of being ignored and asked him was everything ok, had we moved too fast, should we slow it down? I actually thought something was wrong and messaged his mum to see if he was ok. He told me that it had moved too fast, it had put him off and he was planning on moving to Liverpool. (He lived there for 7 years and moved back to Ireland last Sept) this shocked me big time, I thought we were getting on so well. I organised to collect my clothes from his house and sent him one last message to see if he would change his mind and he said "I want to alone for a while as I'm deciding on moving and for now I want to cut contact as it's for the best"

20