Where is the best place to break up?

And how? I read about a guy breaking up with a girl in a restaurant and she started to cry only for the other guests to applaud her since they thought the guy had proposed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have previously broken up with someone via text as it's a good way to spare the person a meltdown whether publicly or semi-publicly. Plus, it would allow the person's dignity to remain in tact should they have a meltdown as it'd be done behind closed doors. I've written many break up texts for friends (guys and girls) and for a fellow gagger.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• That's an awful way to breakup. How humiliating for the poor girl. I'd rather a guy either text or call me. It's pointless meeting up just to break up. If he wants to end it then I'd be satisfied with a text or call. There's no need for face to face speeches

• Don't take her to a fancy dinner or go out on an expensive date. And definitely don't go someplace that he/she really enjoys. I heard about a guy who broke up with his girlfriend at Subway, which was one of her favorite fast food places to go at the time, and it wasn't a plesant break up. I would do it either at their house or someplace in pulbic that's not very special (i. e. by a park or somewhere in the city). DO NOT break up over text- I personally think it's a real jerk move and the person being broken up with will probably think so too.

• But if one wants nothing to do with you anymore, why should they go through the effort of finding you if they could just easily call or text you? I mean what if he finds out the girl cheated and has not a single wish to meet her again?

• Damn lmao
    Ummm phone call is good.

• Phone acceptable, especially if that male or female is a drama queen. That way there's no physical them trying to hug you, cry, beg, plead, promise to change or any of that pathetic nonsense. They also have the option of calling a friend or someone to talk about it afterwards. If they keep trying to call back, then change your number.

• Ouch. I would have said restaurant as well to help avoid a scene.
    Maybe meet up in a parking lot and get in ones car or meet at a beach or a park or another place where you won't have onlookers.

• Contrary to what they say I think over the phone is just fine, not text but in conversation. I personally wouldn't want to be stuck with the person afterwards whether I'm the dumper or the dumpee!

• home i suppose.. taking her out the restaurant was douche move..

• It would be toilet. So that the one who got dumped will give swirly to the one who dumped them

• You should drive to the persons house and then breakup with them

• Their house? You crazy? They could have weapons! 😂

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• Lmao now you tell me? Haha still paying for my last breakup😂 jk

• Well you have have shit luck with women. Cause if my boyfriend broke up with me I'd just flip him off and say see ya your loss. But I know girls who like slash tires and key cars. Shits just trashy.

• Somewhere private, don't embarrass her

• Do it privately she doesn't need to be embarrassed and face to face don't be rude about it.

• You can go to her residence.

• Any private place where you can have open conversation.

• I hate you
    I hate your questions and answers

What Guys Said 10

• In person face to face somewhere at least somewhere private. If you are going to leave someone at least have the decency to look em in the eye when you do it.

• And what if that person cheated? Am I still obliged to meet them when I have no intentions of every seeing them again?

• I suppose it's all depends on how you perceive it.

• I suppose so.

• In the middle of your wedding

• Anyplace that doesn't have knives. Some chicks be stabbers.

m.quickmeme.com/.../...d50284d16fedd9715e0aef8.jpg

• I prefer it to be in a romantic setting, someplace we can remember fondly if we meet up again later in life. Of course, if it's a 'bad' break-up, a public place where there are witnesses is necessary!

• But if you're going through a rough patch and don't have the intention of meeting them again?

• Train station, walk her into the train and you walk out of it then bye to her as the train goes away.

• Go to her house. No phone calls not text. That's cowardly. Keep it simple. No need to take her out you aren't trying to impress her... duh. Say what you need. Let her cry. Leave her house. Then get ready for the floodgates of hell to open.

• mail. yahoo. com OR www.gmail.com OR mail. outlook. com

• Pick your moment. That's it. Just pick the right moment when it's private enough for the two of you. Doesn't matter where.

• In bed just before having sex!

• You mean after?

• Why would you want to break her? That's petty.

• I don't know I just don't know

• At your home of course. Nobody else is obliged to see you guys, fighting with each other.