My ex won't come to my party?

So my ex broke up with me 3 months ago because he didn't like me anymore, he knew how much it hurt me. We have talked since, for a couple of hours actually and decided to just be civil. I'm having a birthday party and because we are in the same friendship circle I invited him and he said he doesn't want to come because he doesn't want to feel awkward! But if he broke up with me why should he feel awkward? All of his friends are going as well. can he really not stand to be around me? :(

33

Most Helpful Guy

• he's prob afraid that you'll get the wring idea if he comes

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it hurts. But it sounds like it's all about him... he didn't like you, he doesn't want to feel awkward, how about him taking into considerations SOMEONE ELSES FEELINGS? He sounds a little too self-involved.
    He doesn't want to come... fine. But be honest with his friends if they ask you "Where's X?"
    Tell them "He didn't come because he didn't want to feel uncomfortable. He knew you'd be here, though." Might give his friends a little something to think about.
    Chin up... this one was not right for you.

• I know what yo mean but this boy is so confusing. He was the one who wanted to be friends and I was the one who declined, he wanted to text me often to "catch up" but I insisted it would be too weird. We see each other at clubs and bars and it's not really that awkward I just feel because it's my house it's completely thrown him off! I'm sure he will tell his own friends why he's not come anyway, but I feel like an idiot even inviting him now.