My ex-boyfriend broke up with me 3 months ago and I'm feeling lonely still?

Hi, I want to provide some context for our relationship so you can help me understand better.
We grew quite distant over a period of 2 months and out of the blue he called me and said "I don't think we're right for each other. I never felt the best friend bond with you and couldn't really relate to anything we talked about."

See, the weird thing is he made these promises during our relationship (4 months) that he would never break up with me (he's had 6 relationships in the past and this was my first, and he said that this was the best one ever). In addition, he told my friend "even though me and her (her as in me) are so different, we still have enough between us to be friends and I love her so much." He always told me he was busy and had hw and college apps to do so I thought it was normal for him to cut convos short. So, it was definitely not expected at all and I was devastated of course afterwards. It took me a while to function normally. I have had a few awkward encounters with my ex over text after that that I won't get into, but he knows that I'm not ready to really go and talk to him yet. I've talked to my friends a lot about him already and I really don't want to keep talking about him to them and what we were since it was 3 months ago.

Right now, I've sort of started talking to this other guy who I've asked out to a Sadie-Hawkins dance, but he's just not as charming and it's just not the same. I'm afraid that this could be because my feelings for my ex haven't been resolved yet, though I really have tried to get over him. I don't know if it's because it's my first relationship, or that it ended so abruptly, or that I haven't talked to him since (I really don't know what I'd go back to say to him anyway). I can't get a therapist because my parents aren't even supposed to know I had a relationship, and they got mad at me when they did find out by reading my friend's texts. I'm a little confused on my feelings right now and don't know how to cope.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Go easy on yourself it's a normal reaction. Every girl feels the pull to go back to your ex it's natural after dating them and being in that relationship with them. Go out and focus on your own life and the positive points instead of what he did or if you miss him. Give it some more time to heal. Try the absolute best you can to not text or call him it will only make it worse in the long run I promise I speak from experience.

• Hi, since you say you speak from experience, how long did it take you to get over him?

• I see. Ours was sort of a long distance relationship and we never got to see each other in person that many times. I just hope that I can get over him soon.. I really don't want to ruin the rest of my senior year thinking about him:/

• You shouldn't. Listen to some angry music like rap, Eminem works great for me