Did he break it off with me because I was I too needy?

So I met this guy on online dating. We hit it off really great, and we were into the same things, had same politics, beliefs, etc. We went out on a date and then afterward he enthusiastically said, "When can we go out again?" So I played it down and was a little bit hesitant, and the next week we went for a hike in the park. (During the whole time, I tried my hardest not to be too "into" him and play hard to get.) After having a great conversation, he asked to see my family. I showed him pics of me and my sister, and he said, "Wow, you look hot." Then he asked if my sisters were single/dating anyone. I thought that was a little weird, but then he asked for my phone number. So I gave it to him, and we exchanged texts every day. (Except for the initial contact, I initiated pretty much all the time, and he responded within the hour). Then a week later, I asked him how his weekend went, and he said, "Thought about it and decided that we aren't right together (or something like that). I wish we were closer together, then it might be easier to meet up (we live about 40-60 minutes away from each other). Had a great time, though!" So I said "I was feeling the same thing!" And now it's over. By initiating texts, did I drive him away? Was I too needy in my texting? Or was it just that he wasn't really into me to begin with?

(We're both 23). He said he had 3 serious relationships before, and hoped that his next serious relationship would lead to marriage.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the distance might have been a killer there. It does suck and most people aren't into ldr. I don't think you did anything wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh. Don't worry about it, he probably just wasn't interested.

Side note: Stop playing hard to get, it's childish.

What Guys Said 2

• Probably found someone online that lived closer.

• It's not your fault, I think he wasn't really into you, even tho you seem like a great person to be with.

What Girls Said 1

• I seriously doubt initiating a few text scared him off, sounds like a distance issue.