Does friends with benefits with your ex ever work?

Me and my ex are deciding to meet up and have sex etc just cos like why not? We're both 18 and he did break my heart ending it but it would've had to end anyway soon because we are both going to uni in completely different places and neither of us are fans of that long distance thing. I do thoink maybe I still have some feelings but honestly I don't think it's possible at this time to have anything more than fwb? A part of me likes being single and I like keeping in touch with him. Is it so bad? Cos it feels like I'm doing the right thing I don't know I feel happier this way rather than acting like I hate him!
He says that he doesn't want to do it with anyone else except me because he values me. I don't know i don't want to let him go

32

Most Helpful Guy

• having sex with him shows your undealt feelings for him
    women only let toch other with whom they like and yes friend is a great thing but friends with benefits is gonna screw u up badly

• friends with benefits especially with an ex is never gonna work out. Physical relationships always stir emotional attachment, except if they're both super lose charactered and don't see what's wrong with fucking without feeling.

• I'm sorry, but I'm just sharing my opinion. I'm extremely against engaging in any sexual activity or being in a physical relationship without having an emotional attachment or even bring in love. You do you. But I still stand by my opinion. Ignore feelings just to fuck? Sounds scummy tbh.

• well some people find it easy to do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if he broke your heart you should stay clear! I had an ex who I cared about kinda loved anyways since I didn't have super strong feelings for I was able to have occasional sex without getting attached

• How do people not have emotional attachments while having a physical relationship? That's crazy and kinda fucked up.

• Like you said too each their own. Sex with no strings attached is fun don't knock it till you try it haha

• Respect your opinion. But never have, never will.