Does friends with benefits with your ex ever work?

Me and my ex are deciding to meet up and have sex etc just cos like why not? We're both 18 and he did break my heart ending it but it would've had to end anyway soon because we are both going to uni in completely different places and neither of us are fans of that long distance thing. I do thoink maybe I still have some feelings but honestly I don't think it's possible at this time to have anything more than fwb? A part of me likes being single and I like keeping in touch with him. Is it so bad? Cos it feels like I'm doing the right thing I don't know I feel happier this way rather than acting like I hate him!
Updates:
He says that he doesn't want to do it with anyone else except me because he values me. I don't know i don't want to let him go

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• having sex with him shows your undealt feelings for him
    women only let toch other with whom they like and yes friend is a great thing but friends with benefits is gonna screw u up badly

1|0
    0|0
    • friends with benefits especially with an ex is never gonna work out. Physical relationships always stir emotional attachment, except if they're both super lose charactered and don't see what's wrong with fucking without feeling.

• Show All
    • I'm sorry, but I'm just sharing my opinion. I'm extremely against engaging in any sexual activity or being in a physical relationship without having an emotional attachment or even bring in love. You do you. But I still stand by my opinion. Ignore feelings just to fuck? Sounds scummy tbh.

• well some people find it easy to do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if he broke your heart you should stay clear! I had an ex who I cared about kinda loved anyways since I didn't have super strong feelings for I was able to have occasional sex without getting attached

0|0
    1|0
    • How do people not have emotional attachments while having a physical relationship? That's crazy and kinda fucked up.

• Show All
    • Like you said too each their own. Sex with no strings attached is fun don't knock it till you try it haha

• Respect your opinion. But never have, never will.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with your decision. If you can't cope with long distance then resort to this. Otherwise makes your life and his so much more complicated

0|0
    1|0
    • Well yeah I mean I don't see a future with him tbh like I said webpth dated when we were in high school like for Christ sakes!

• I had a few exes and basically if you consider that the time you were in a relationship you we're much younger and now you guys are totally different it's like if it was another person so it's not that much of a big deal if it is an ex. My last girlfriend was when I was 12 so I would without doubt give her another chance. I didn't even know how to make out or any methods of keeping a relationship. Lol.

What Girls Said 2

• And this is why friends with benefits is not good. Some one usually ends up with feelings sooner or later..

0|0
    0|0
  • People with your kind of mentality make me want to remain single for life... period

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol this doesn't make sense - me wanting to be single makes you so disgusted that you wanna be single as well? Ok

• Show All
    • I've been in a relationship for 4 years now sweetheart, don't even start 😂😂. And don't post your question about your business on a PUBLIC site if you can't hear opposing opinions. If you can't take the heat, stat outta the kitchen boo. 😂

• Get*

Recommended myTakes