Do I Still Have a Chance with My EX? HELP?

My ex & I have been split up for almost 3 months. We knew each other in 1st grade and liked each other, he moved and years later he found me on facebook. Liked some of my posts so I messaged him and we hit it off. Were friends since we were like 14 or 15. Now we're 21. by the way, he stays 2 hours from me so we were distant from 2010 until 2014. Which is when we first met.. we started dating in 2013 though! He broke up with me for a lot of reasons and at first I wasn't happy about the break up (whose ever happy about breaking up?) But NOW, I'm really glad we did. There's a lot of things that could've been better on both parts. But yesterday we talked about how we wanted our friendship to work (there's a lot more details I'd like to explain, but I can only type so much) ANYWAY... I told him if he was going to be a friend then don't make it awkward or anymore difficult than it has to be. Today he text me and asked could we talk, he told me he was talking to someone and wanted to let me know. Which I respect. My heart was beating fast and all I could think was wow... but he said they've only been talking for a month. A few weeks ago when he came to see me and do my pictures for my birthday (he's a photographer) he kissed me and was flirty. But he was shady afterwards. And now I see why.

He said she understands that he needs space... which is something I was horrible with. But I just want to know if you guys still think I have a chance? Like as bad as I don't want him talking to anyone, I do want him to be happy and I'm glad he's not stressed. He opened up a lot more tonight too, which I could never get when we were together. So I feel like this is a good start. Bittersweet though. I want him to be happy, and honestly I want to believe they won't talk long... but I don't wanna get my hopes up. She stays near him too so idk? He said that there's a chance we could work out BUT he said don't count on it too much. He believes that whatever is supposed to happen... will. HELP?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly I think you should just see how it goes with being friends. If you start to seem to get a little obsessed with him, what he does, and who he talks to then maybe just slowly delete him off social media or your phone. You're young and still have a lot of time to find the one who you'll be with. And who knows maybe you two will have a chance. But, if he seems happy in his relationship let him be. Yet again, he's probably still trying to hold on to you because he's still not over you or he knows you'll stay around for him. Therefore, he'll have you as a backup or booty call. Which you don't want. So make yourself clear to him, you just want to be friends nothing else. If he gives you mixed signals then talk with him it's not fair for someone to play with your feelings. Only time will tell too if you two are meant to be together. Yet again, if he's happy with his girlfriend let them be, don't be that one girl who ruins a relationship just because you couldn't have someone. You both broke up for a reason, cherish the moments you had with them and carry those with you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! I don't think their in a relationship, he told me he was just talking to her and that he wanted to make sure he set boundaries (which is what I wanted to do after he kissed me and started being distant) but I'm going to be respectful of them. I told him I was exploring my options too so he wouldn't think I was holding on to him. But it's like I still want him... we both are changing at a slow pace, I can tell by our conversation. Cause I could never get him to open up to me. I wanna have hope but like you said, only time will tell.. In the meantime, I want to be distant so he can see I'm trying to give him space... it's just hard to see him move on or be attempting to... but I just want him happy.

• Show All
    • Good for you hun!! I know it's hard to focus on you when you just wanna be there for the person. But time will tell what happens. Go out with your friends, work out, do some things that will distract you from him. I was in the same position as you and I became happy with myself and felt way better. It'll take time but, if you got a good support system and wanna be happy with yourself then you're good!

• Thank you so much! And a little update.. I was overthinking and stuff got to me. I went off on him and deleted him from my social media. He said he had to do what was best for him and he's still talking to that girl. I guess it's bothering me because I feel like he's replacing me and not hurting like I am. He said she's fun and that's what he wanted and needed. Plus she stays closer to him. He said it hurt him to let me go. I don't wanna believe that. Sad part is, I know if he came back, I'd give him another chance :/ I'm just going to leave him alone. Whatever is meant to be will happen. He said he'd leave me alone too.

Recommended myTakes