Do I Still Have a Chance with My EX? HELP?

My ex & I have been split up for almost 3 months. We knew each other in 1st grade and liked each other, he moved and years later he found me on facebook. Liked some of my posts so I messaged him and we hit it off. Were friends since we were like 14 or 15. Now we're 21. by the way, he stays 2 hours from me so we were distant from 2010 until 2014. Which is when we first met.. we started dating in 2013 though! He broke up with me for a lot of reasons and at first I wasn't happy about the break up (whose ever happy about breaking up?) But NOW, I'm really glad we did. There's a lot of things that could've been better on both parts. But yesterday we talked about how we wanted our friendship to work (there's a lot more details I'd like to explain, but I can only type so much) ANYWAY... I told him if he was going to be a friend then don't make it awkward or anymore difficult than it has to be. Today he text me and asked could we talk, he told me he was talking to someone and wanted to let me know. Which I respect. My heart was beating fast and all I could think was wow... but he said they've only been talking for a month. A few weeks ago when he came to see me and do my pictures for my birthday (he's a photographer) he kissed me and was flirty. But he was shady afterwards. And now I see why.

He said she understands that he needs space... which is something I was horrible with. But I just want to know if you guys still think I have a chance? Like as bad as I don't want him talking to anyone, I do want him to be happy and I'm glad he's not stressed. He opened up a lot more tonight too, which I could never get when we were together. So I feel like this is a good start. Bittersweet though. I want him to be happy, and honestly I want to believe they won't talk long... but I don't wanna get my hopes up. She stays near him too so idk? He said that there's a chance we could work out BUT he said don't count on it too much. He believes that whatever is supposed to happen... will. HELP?

10