How do you cope with a breakup? What's the best way to well and truley forget about someone? How long it take?

Most Helpful Girl

• It' s not easy to just erase your memories or shut off your feelings for someone.

The best way is.. to cut all means of contact and get rid of anything of sentimental value. People often feed their memories by reminiscing on what was, and dwelling on what could've/ should've been, but that just feeds your pain and keeps it raw... it just prolongs the hurt

It's important to keep active and your mind focused on things other than the breakup. Try new things, change your routine, spend time with friends or workout. You feel in a better frame of mind after a good workout

Time doesn't heal the pain... It's what you do with your time that heals it. That's why it's important to keep busy and focused. Gradually the memories fade and pain eases. Hearts do heal and do love again, but only if you let go and move on from the past hurt

What Girls Said 7

• Breaking up is hard, especially if you've been with someone for a while.

My ex and I broke up early last November after 3 years together. It was really hard. Took me 2 weeks of nonstop crying and then I finally prayed to God to help me. I really need His strength and comfort to move on. But, as soon as I asked for His support at this trying time, I moved on pretty quick. The pain went away, the tears went away... and I was happy/content again.

My only warning is: do not go back to your ex.

• Delete them of social media, don't talk to them and see friends a lot. How long it takes depends on how long the relationship was and what the relationship was like near the end

• What you mean like the realtionship was near the end?

• Well sometimes you know the relationship is coming to an end before anyone even mentions a break up so you prepare for the break up. Sometimes it comes as a complete shock

• Oh yh I hear ya

• It takes months to a couple of years depending on the level of attachment you had with the person.

The best way to do so is obviously to cut all contact; resist your urge to check up on them online or offline, don't engage in their memory or conversation etc

It is difficult ofc.
    Mini vacations help, but vacations where you will be busy like helping others, etc

I think focusing on yourself, to be a better you and helping others, help a lot.

• For me, it was surely hard. I wasn't able to deal with break up very nicely as I feel betrayed at the same time.

Only after some time I realize how much I actually worth to get the best for myself, and that he doesn't care about me so I move faster. I start to rebuild my life and start to do my own things like focusing on my hobbies so I dont have time to mourn over him.

I can't tell the best way to truly forget someone as I can't forget the betrayal done on me but to cut the tie with the person completely, I tried to distance myself enough so he can't reach me no matter how hard he tried when he wants to come back to me. It takes me more than 3 years or more maybe since I can't forgive betrayal at all.

• Breakups usually takes me 3-6 months to get over completely. What I tend to do is work and take my mind off of the breakup. I also focus on the reason why we broke up and that helps me to move on. But it was hard. I went through a period of depression, hating men, and feeling worthless. And now looking back, can't believe how I moved on. But what always worked in my favor was the fact that Im attractive so igs been always easy for me to date and move on quickly.

• Coping with a breakup is hard. You need to take time for yourself and realize that at that time it wasn't meant to be. Evaluate what went wrong, what you can do to mend the wounds if anything needs to be mended, and learn from it. I don't think you'll ever forget about someone, but there will always come a point when you do think about them you are at peace with it and you are able to move on and be in a better place.

• just do things that you normally do

What Guys Said 1

• It depends. I think it depnds on how bad the break up was. If it was real bad it would take some time for me to heal But like all thing's gotta be strong and move on. Time waits for nobody.