He's not over his ex-girlfriend yet.. please help!

OK, so I am unofficially dating this guy right now that I met 3 weeks ago.

Here’s the downside: He has admitted he isn’t over his ex yet, she cheated on him. He told me to not wait for him over the summer and that I deserve better because he is “messed up” and afraid of getting hurt again (all exes have cheated on him).

The upside: Although he hasn’t officially asked me out (due to being afraid of getting hurt again and wanting to get over that girl) he acts like we’re dating and treats me great. He introduces me to his close friends as his “fiancé” as a joke since I’m not his girlfriend yet. He takes me out on wonderful surprise dates, nothing too fancy just stuff he wants to show me (his hobbies). We’re separated a state apart right now but he chats with me every night and gives me so much positive attention. He also plans to drive up and see me asap because he misses me.We have done some sexual stuff, but he definitely still treats me like he values me emotionally. He talks with me everyday too since we've been apart.

What worries me though is that he dated a girl immediately after her for 8 months! and he admitted that he wasn't as invested in her as he should have been because of that ex. He also said briefly one time that the ex he's not over "may still like him." I really do like him and don't want to mess things up.. what's the best option right now?
2
0