Am I being selfish or should I break up with him?

I've been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years now and everything was going great until recently. I graduated college and got a job in my field right away. I got my own apartment since it's over an hour away from my home and I am also closer to my boyfriend. Ever since starting this new job, my relationship has gone downhill. I've been exposed to a whole new world with very intelligent people, and guys who have their life, for the most part, settled. My boyfriend is 2 years younger than me. It doesn't bother me for the most part, but he is very behind me in school. He's still in entry level courses and struggles a lot with them. I've always helped him a lot in school and I still am, but it feels like he just can't do it on his own. I feel so ahead of him in life. He can't even stay at my place ever because his mom says no (he's almost 21...). He also struggles with having the motivation with basic life things. Sometimes he won't even go get a haircut without someone yelling at him to do it. I'm beginning to get so frustrated with him and even really annoyed at things that never annoyed me before. On the other hand, he treats me very well and I have no complaints of how he acts towards me. Very thoughtful and sweet. Am I selfish for wanting something more, or am I doing the right thing for looking out for myself? I know he loves me very much and would do anything for me, but I can't help but get frustrated with his lack of motivation

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you want to break up, so that's what you should do. It's not your job to be his life coach. A healthy relationship should be mutually rewarding, not one person carrying all of the weight. I actually broke up with my girlfriend shortly after I graduated for the same reasons, we were just living two completely different lives. No regrets.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say you're doing too much for him. by helping him in school. he should get help from someone else