How to handle your ex going with someone else?

Me and my ex went out for a year and half. I was absolutely smitten her and I was so sure that feeling was reciprocated, she'd said even so. The whole thing was like it was meant to be. I put a lot of effort in to it, bought her flowers, took her out for meals etc, treated her like a princess, compromised, loads. I just didn’t over do it so it didn’t lose the value of the gestures.

Anyway, 2 months ago, she went out, kissed another lad. She told me straight away and I forgave her after few days.

Then, 2 weeks later, I was dumped. I got the whole, I want to stay friends stuff, and we remained in contact up until a few week ago.

Found out today, the boy she cheated on me with, she's seen him again. I don’t know how many times or what is going on there. And perhaps if it was anyone else, I wouldn’t be as bothered, but just the fact it’s him, it angers me so much. I figure this could be why she refuses to be civil or polite to me, or even meet up before we leave for summer and probably won’t see each other again.

The only other thing I know about the guy is, ‘he’s quite the player’. I feel like this whole thing is l point scoring, except she doesn't need to. Her mates are nasty about it too.

How should I react? I feel I need to explode. I feel I need to say how insulting it is. But then part of me is telling me to not react... a sh*t position.

8
5