Any advice on how to move on from a 6 year relationship?

I don't want a rebound as everyone around me is saying to just date. I actually want to be alone & be happy without feeling the need to have someone which is my problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest making a list of things that once gave you happiness outside of a relationship. Go all the way back to childhood. Then try to revisit some of those things. For me it was exploring. I looked up all the hiking trails in my state and started to hike and explore just like I did when I was a kid. It was amazing how much that helped to clear my head and bring joy back into my life. I then pursued some hobbies and interests in my spare time. It helped to bring happiness and kept my mind distracted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Often people say time heals the pain and helps you to move on, but that's not true. It's what you do with your time that helps you to let go of the pain and move on

Breakups are so painful. You feel a sense of loss. The best way to move on is to cut all means of contact. Remove all traces of him from your life. Don't hold onto things of sentimental value I. e photoes, messages, gifts etc. Reminiscing feeds your memories, and memories feed the pain.

Keep active , try new hobbies. Go to new places Workout out that helps to keep your mind focused and after a workout you'll be in a better frame of mind. Create new memories at places which remind you of him

Gradually your feelings will fade, and pain will ease

What Guys Said 5

• try to see the positive points in your life after leaving the relationship.
    when I broke up with my ex I discovered that the relationship was nothing but a big wall prevented me from seeing myself.

just forget, forgive and stay single for a while... you owe yourself a lot.

Good luck..

• Enjoy the relative anonymity of GaG! =) You don't need a rebound to get over someone at all. Just do what you enjoy doing, alone or with others. Take the time to reconnect with, and rediscover yourself =)

• a relationship is like a " chain " . the longer you stay , the harder the chain gonna be. it's either you burn the chain and cool it/use chainsaw to break it , which is you really go through it by crying and all the hard things, or you you let time be the one eho break it by letting it rust and break by itself. metaphor : old habit gotta die hard but it still has to die.

• get a life. find or restart your hobby.

• Demi Lovato and Wilmer had a 6 year relationship

They both moved on

Ended last year

So no matter how long a couple Last

They seem to move on nowadays

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes who we are as a couple isn't exactly who we are as an individual, so I would take some time to find out about yourself. Do things YOU want to do, branch out to try things you've wanted to but haven't gotten around to. It's a good way to meet new friends and socialise while determining where you want to go next

• Yes, definitely trust your gut and give yourself some "you" time away from men. Everyone moves on differently. When you're ready to date again, you'll know.

• Time heals all wounds, keep focusing on you. Once you are independent and confident you can succeed on your own you will find the right guy. For now find a hobby that thrills you, fill your extra time taking care of the person who takes care of you... you!

• first im very sorry for you im sure its painful
    but here is some tips i hope it helps

try to be busy as much as you can so you won't have time to think of it all the time
    what about joining charity work? it feels good really

what about finding new hobbies?

try to make new friends. be busy
    and if you need someone to talk with feel free to message me <3 peace