Have I lost him forever?

I had a great friend who was like my mirror. we were all together for the past 3 years. he was the only one I had during my heart break and depression. I developed a emotional dependency over him. And now he slowly started drifting apart from me. He is openly avoiding me but never disclosing the reason. I have tried so many times to talk to him. but all I get is a harsh reply and so much pain. what do I do now?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he was attracted to you and doesn't want to see you complain about your relationships to him anymore when he wanted you.

Or maybe it was something else. This is pretty common though.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks for the response. buy he was so sweet and am definitely missing him here

Most Helpful Girl

• Be strong. You'll make other connections. Sometimes people are for seasons. Hopefully You'll never lose him, but you need to dial down your emotional dependency if you want it to hurt less.

1|1
    0|0
    • True.

• Show All
    • If he has told you your holding him back then you need to let go. I imagine you will feel incredibly empty but you can move on now too. You just need to realise it's over and stop looking back.

• yep. you are right. am trying my best here

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You need to have a serious talk and see what's going on

0|0
    0|0
  • break his attitude?

0|0
    0|0
  • you call him a great friend?

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah. why?

• Show All
    • Or he's hurting and doesn't want to stay around as just a friend and watch you live out your life, nor does he want to tell you that because he is your friend and he doesn't want to manipulate you.

• true๐Ÿ˜‘

• I don't get his behaviour now. What has triggered this rude harsh ignorant behaviour towards his best friend? Did you get too much emotionally dependent on him and maybe he wanted more things from you as in he developed romantic feelings for you? Did he ever hint in that way?

0|0
    0|0
    • well he sort of did. he liked a girl lot and I asked him to express it to her. by that time he said he will rather propose me than proposing her. but I didn't take it serious

• Show All
    • Remember unshaven Akshay Kumar hairy?

• oh yeah

What Girls Said 1

• Write him a letter

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes