If you had a chance to be with someone you thought was your soulmate n they had mature a lot but you both were dating new people what would u do?

so we spoke and she told me she realise her parents were the main reason we didn't work out. and says since her mom passed away she realize she can't let her family control her life or who she dates. my ex says she feels this was a talk we need to have Because always regret how she handled things. i was really surprised to hear this we don't really talk any more now

10