How do you deal with rejection from a friend?

I'll keep this short. I met this girl sometime last year, we talked for a month but she ended it because she didn't feel a spark; later she told me that she did have feelings for me but she was just in a bad place in her life and couldn't feel that connection in a meaningful way. We ended up just being really good friends, I talked to other girls, but I still had feelings for her - I just accepted it. There was some tension romantically, I thought, but I never acted on it. Until recently, that is, where she mentioned that she had a crush on another guy. I was single at this point, and figured that now was as good a time as ever to tell her I still had feelings for her, even though I prefaced it with how I wasn't expecting reciprocation or considering her responsible for my feelings. Anyway, all she managed to say was "thank you for being honest with me." Never got a real answer as to how she felt but I figured if she didn't say she felt the same, but the thing is I really want these feelings to go away and I feel like I can't do that while we're close friends (being friends after talking was probably the reason these feelings persisted in the first place). I don't want to cut her out of my life altogether, but what's a good way to distance myself enough to heal?

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know, I think you're being a little over dramatic here over someone that you've never had an actual relationship with. I mean, if you must cut ties with her, then do it but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to simply start dating. If you date other people, you'll kind of cut her out almost by necessity (i. e. you simply won't have time for both lots of friend time and lots of dating). Go set up an online dating profile and hit on a dozen women at once. Set up lots of dates and go have fun. You'll be fine.