Guys, how do you know you're over her?

or if you're still trying to get over her, what do you do? and you see her a lot like everyday.

But what if he still keeps on talking to me everyday, hanging out with me by my desk, even added me on Facebook after I deleted him...and still says I miss you so much and ask for hugs a lot... even gave me a long kiss on the cheek from behind.. -
fyi, he was never my boyfriend just an admirer/friend and he is actually with another girl... yet he still went after me emailing me daily, hanging out with me and walking me to my car... if he wasn't my friend, I won't let him chill with me.
he said he loves me and he wants to be with me rather than her but I said I cant...I'm taken even before he even confessed to me. so that sort of backed him off and I asked him the other day if he still likes me. he said I'm not really over you. :(
i think he is already over me... :( that's fine. thanks guys... its crazy but maybe I miss his attention... he doesn't give me that much anymore... why would guys say I love you over and over and I don't feel it? :(
does driving by my haus 2 days and a row or maybe more count as he is over me?

115

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you CAN get over someone if you have to see them every day, to be honest. That's why usually workplace romances turn out to be a disaster..one or both people have to leave their job.

What Guys Said 14

• to answer your initial question, I know I'm over someone when I don't catch myself secretly hoping and planning that reunion where she comes running back in tears breaking down and telling me it was all a huge mistake or some other crazy fantasy and I can hold a conversation with her without the awkwardness

what you describe in your updates shows that he isnt, as the others already quite clearly put it

• Have you heard of Leo Tolstoy? Russian author, 1828 - 1910. Anyway, he wrote something like -- You either love someone forever or you don't love them at all. Meaning you ought not to ever 'get over' someone. It's a vacant fallacy. There's no truth to it.

• Im sorry but I'm confused.. sorry I'm slow..;)

• Well he said he still loves me and would want to be there for me in my life no matter what happens.

• Well yeah, that makes sense.

• A lot of guys are emotionally invalid in their youth. They just undergo too much trauma and have to shut down indefinitely. It was the same with me -- I forgot that emotions were even possible until last year.

• The best way to tell is how you spend your alone time. If I'm really hung up, I lack motivation and want to sleep all day. I obsess over Facebook. I check my phone constantly hoping I got a call or a text. In short, I act like a freaking baby.

But, when I'm for sure over a girl, I don't think about her, I don't think about making contact with her, and I'm more focused on the things that are important to me. I also remember that there is hope, and that one day I will find the girl of my dreams.

Every guy goes through heartbreak, but with maturity and experience, the amount of time spent dwelling over the why's and well-maybe's seems to decrease.

• I know I'm over her when I'm out with another girl and she doesn't even cross my mind. I never feel the need to bring her up or would want too. But most guys who aren't over their Ex will most likely end up discussing things about her.

For trying to get over somebody, I usually try and find other things to do to keep my mind off her. Running or going to the gym helps a lot or something I have passion about. Which for me, would be the Army and Aviation, I focus more on those interests and it helps ease the process.

• But what if he still keeps on talking to me everyday, hanging out with me by my desk, even added me on Facebook after I deleted him...and still says I miss you so much and ask for hugs alot... even gave me a long kiss on the cheek from behind..

• If it's over, tell him to stop, or start to distance yourself. I sounds like he doesn't know what he wants, and trust me (i've been on the other side of your problem) it won't do you any good to let him behave that way.

• He was my friend to begin with and we never became together...

• It sounds like he has given you the answer to the question you asked. He is not over you.

good luck,

James

• What if he's just saying that to make me feel better?

• Go with how he acts more than what he says. Men have a habit if lying for a variety of reasons... you are in the best position to know why he might lie to you. Sex, money, peer pressure.. ect.

• Time. Eventually the feeling fades. You lose feelings for the person and they just become ordinary, nothing special like they once were.

• But how do you show it to her tho? like you see her a lot and the feelins are still fresh..if they were even true

• But he's doing otherwise. ??

• Then the feelings are still there and he hasn't gotten over you yet.

• If I were him, I wouldn't behave the way he is. It looks like he misses being with you, but in order for it to be over, he has to just get on with his day and give you space. Otherwise it doesn't really sound like you guys broke up.

• I deleted him on Facebook twice already but always beg me to take him back...but because he is my friend, I had to take him back.. my man knows he is into me long time ago... and he even told his girlfriend he will leave her for me once I become single... no wonder his girlfriend gave me cold shoulder that last time we met. I didn't do anything to her... so does this mean I shud cut all communication once and for all?

• when somebody else its on your mind

• i couldn't get over an ex at my old university so I transferred schools best thing I could have done. let the past be the past.

• So you think leaving and cut all ties will help

• Even if you are friends and you were never really together?

• Its you call. just do what's right for you. its your life. if its going to be a problem then it needs to be ex from your life

• honestly, it's when I don't give a damn.

• Im currently trying to get over someone. This is what I do- we get together to play soccer every now and then so when she's there I hustle a lot but not say much to her though

• How are you coping? are you avoiding to be alone with her?do you still have that urge to hug her or kiss her tho?

• I'm coping alright, like I could be feeling better but Yea definitely still got the urge, but she's currently in a relationship with someone :(

• I just think of negative things about her like if she has slept around or stuff like that... Not working though :(

• Of course it won't work saying negative things about her when they aren't true. you can imagine her pooping though, that helps sometimes.. like on the toilet really stuck there :) its nasty but itll do the trick :)

umm could you answer my q? :(

• Well, I never had a girlfriend, so in my case, it's getting over someone who I liked but rejected me.

In that case, I know I'm over her when I no longer care what she's up to and I lump her in with the rest of the idiots I know.

What Girls Said 1

• Time heals everything