I can't get over him. Is something wrong with me?

We've been friends for years but I fell really hard for him. He told me he felt the same and we were starting to get serious. His ex treated him like shit, cheated on him and dumped him repeatedly for the guys she cheated with. She came back after we had been dating for a couple of months and said she wanted to work things out. He didn't tell me this, I found out because she made their relationship Facebook official. I confronted him about it, he apologized, told me that he had been cutting back on our time together to spend time with her and that she's changed and he wants another go with her. Then he told me that he still wanted me as a friend (which I told him to duck off because the friendship was over now). I reminded him of all she did to him in the past and he said he didn't care. He told me that I am a good woman and that I will find another man (but now I have trust issues because of him).

We have mutual friends, one of whom posted a congratulatory picture of the engagement ring he gave her. I also found out that he was taking her on romantic dates and buying her expensive gifts while I was lucky to get a cup of coffee every now and then. I thought I was over it until the engagement happened and it all came back. Is this normal? I don't want him back, I just don't know how to get over the pain he caused me and if it's normal to still hurt after all these months.

12