Why are so many people against their ex?

I see so many people so against their ex, calling them the 'enemy' and all sorts. I have been there, my ex broke up with me out of the blue, completely crushed my heart, but he apologised and I believed him. Now I see him as a friend, not an enemy. I don't understand why so many people cut their ex off -that person was so important to you and most times I bet they didn't want to hurt you, they just did so why can't you forgive? Is it me being weird for forgiving so easily? Life is too short to hold grudges!

52

Most Helpful Guy

• I am pretty forgiving as well, but I have not maintained constant contact with any of my exes. Just the occasional amiable conversation here and there. I am not sure what the huge deal is about either

Most Helpful Girl

• Because once someone betrayed your trust and hurt you to the core, there is no coming bck from that.

• Yes but so many people in life re gonna betray your trust and you will do it to other people. Does itmean you're a shitty person? no! u made a mistake and hurt someone u care about. it happens. no point being bitter,