How will she know I changed?

My girlfriend broke up with me because I was abusive. We've been apart for a month. She said she wants to see a change before she takes me back. So I'm going to counselling for abusive men. I just want to know how she will see a change if were not together. If I become a changed man, how will she know I won't abuse her again if we don't live together under the same roof. Of course I can't abuse her when I'm not living with her day to day. I don't understand how she can see how I changed without actually being together and living together.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, let me say, that what you are doing is AWESOME!!! The fact that you put all this time into overcoming your behavior and going to counseling is something rare among people who are abusive. It shows you realize what you did was wrong and actually do want to change! I believe in you!

Just give her some time. Eventually she maybe will stay overnight. Just do everything you possibly can to show her you are changing and want to change. Keep going to therapy and work hard to be a good boyfriend! Your actions will speak louder than your words and, overtime, she'll regain her trust of you!

• Thank you for your kind and helpful words! I do hope once I get the help I need she will see I have changed and give me another chance.