Why does my ex insist on being friends after our breakup?

We dated for 5 months and weren't friends before. At the BU she said "id like to be friends." I declined since she said she wanted space and had confused feelings towards me.

that happened back in October. Recently my dad passed away and she popped up again and showed up to the wake crying (she never met him). She said she wanted to catch up. I didn't take her seriously and brushed it off but a week later she texted me again about it.

I asked her intentions and she again said she would like to remain friends. I again politely declined since we weren't friends before dating and from past experience it hasn't worked for me.

My question is, she knew how I felt about the let's be friends thing, yet she has kept bringing it up (she has also sent a few texts and tried to extend and olive branch a few times). We work in the same office so I just politely say hi and keep walking.

why does she keep asking to be friends? She said she wanted space and I've given it to her.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Things are over and you don't owe her friendship or any minute of your time. Just because she's confused doesn't mean she has the right to ask you to sit around and wait for her. At this point you should just block her and go no contact.

• Well it seems like she made her choice. She only wants to be friends with me now. I told her I wasn't interested now two or three times. Just odd in my opinion

• She will ultimately ruin you, she will never want you to be truly happy, she can ignore it all she wants but she still has feelings

• Just block her and stop thinking about it. She's selfish and she's not worth any time or thought. Move on to better things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me SHE might have commitment problems... she wants to string you along for the moment.

• Not just for the moment but apparently the past 5 months since she ended it. Been pretty clear since I haven't contacted her outside of saying hi at work. Yet she brings it up right after my dad passed?

• And what also made this apparent is she asked me to live with her...

• Well... if you REALLY want to get rid of her, then make a scene at work about how she is stalking you... I dunno, make something up!