Completely over my ex boyfriend just not the cheating. Help?

So I am ready to move on. I have been dwelling this for too long. Today is one year and two months ago since I broke up with my ex boyfriend we are civil with each other today and I am completely over him, but what I have been struggling with since is the thought of him cheating on me. I am still hurt about it. I should be over it right? Every time someone tries to date me and wants to take it to the next level I always reject it and say "I am not looking for anything serious right now"... I am ready to open my heart again but I can't seem to open it. It hurts like the day it happened. It makes me jealous and my trust is less "people, especially men"... It was okay for the first year but now I am starting to think that this will continue until next year. I wish I could get over it... What steps can I do?

147

Most Helpful Guy

• The way you think is the way your life will go just remember that, best thing to do is to forget and move on, if he cheated then he isn't worth your time, but you shouldn't let one bad guy ruin your chances of finding a guy who will love you with all his heart and soul, everyone deserves happiness, don't let him be the reason that you don't want to date again, you just need to project positivity, tell yourself that you are going to find a guy that makes you happy, and believe that you will, and I promise you that you will find you the best man you can

• Thank you. This was uplifting! I needed this.

• So true! Thank you :)

• It's all good, dw I know what it's like, I've been cheated on before, it's horrible

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think anyone ever gets past the hurt being cheated on. Betrayal is so painful. That's why a lot of people struggle trusting any other potential SO after they've been cheated on by a previous partner. I'm very sorry that happened to you. Only those who've been betrayed will ever know the cost of betrayal

The only way to move on , is to let go. Get rid of anything of sentimental value. People tend to feed memories by reminiscing on what was, and dwelling on what caused the breakup. That in turn feeds your pain , it prongs it and prevents you letting go

Keeping busy and active is paramount , because time doesn't heal your pain, it's what you do with your time that heals it. Try something new, i. e a new hobby. Make new memories with friends at the places you and your ex visited , so of you ever go there you won't be haunted by the times you shared with him there. When you're alone think of a topic you'd like to study. Then study that topic at home, do research and write your findings down. That'll prevent your mind constantly dwelling on your ex cheating on you. Find ways like that to focus your attention away from your ex when you're alone..

You may never fully get over him cheating on you, but gradually your memories of it will fade and your pain will ease. Xx ❤

• Thank you so much. This made me teary actually. I am taking this advice!