Girls, Girlfriend of more then 1 year , texting another guy. Continue relationship , or not?

So I found my girlfriend of more then a 1 year texting a guy for 8 days , in those 8 days it went from a friendship into something more , but nothing more into a serious relationship like ours. I read the conversation as I found out , and it was nothing but compliments to each other at first. But then it got the conversation saying I miss you, she told him that she did have a boyfriend that she very much loves , and what not. That it would not be right to leave him like that. We have talked about it together for about 3-4 days , and I am just confused. Because this girl ultimately is the love of my life, and she feels the same way towards me , she told me she did not know what got into her , that she lacked these compliments from me , and I'll be honest she told me to compliment her , but I did not take it seriously as once again our relationship was past a year. She promised me that it would not happen again , as she saw how broken I am , and promise that it won't happen again and that she will do whatever it takes to get my trust back and the love that I have lost for her. I am just confused in general , because this was simply a one time thing , and we have done so much for each other, and promised as well. Up until this point we have been a happy , and healthy relationship, although she has been ultimately over protective about me having any friends that are girls , and about me even thinking about cheating and whatnot. I expected the same from her , but I was wrong. Anyways I'm confused whether I should believe her or not, I know I can not tell the future or control her actions. But I can control whether or not I am going to continue to be together with her, but I am confused. Anyways I would like a girls opinion whether or not I should stay with her and forgive her for this or not

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah forgive her. she seems sorry. she will forget about him if you let her. work on your relationship and give her what she needs. your attention. a year is nothing in the scheme of a lifetime so dont think just because youve got the girl you dont have to try. tell her she can't text or be friends with this guy anymore and to have respect for you and your relationship together when she is communicating with males but tell her you will try better at loving her.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not one-sided, she told you what she needed from you and you didn't make the effort to address, so how is it a surprise she looked for that from someone else? If you don't bother to be the guy she needs, there will be another guy willing to do what you won't.

• stay and work it out. This happened simply because you didn't give her what she needs. I don't blame her for getting it from someone else cus she already addressed it to you but you blew her off. You dont stop woowing each other just because you hit one year mark

• forgive her? are you like totally ignoring why she went to look for someone elses attention l o l. you both were wrong, work it out together.