Which sex cheats more often?

It seems as if Men get a bad rap for always being the unfaithful party. Is this true, or are there a few bad apples out there ruining it for the rest of us?

• Men
  • Women

1514

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its pretty much equal but women are better at hiding it so they don't get caught out easily and its true :) but anyone is capable of cheating so I guess it can be either guys or girls.

Either way cheating is wrong and if you love someone you shouldnt do it :P

xoxox

What Girls Said 14

• Woman won't cheat if her man satisfy her sexually

but men hehe they don't satisfy at all because they want to taste women as much as they can

to see and know more about his manly side in sex I mean. Men always want more nd more

but when they falling in love one woman can make him feels great but also after he feels great and after his feelings coming close to be cold towards her he search for new woman nd that depends sometimes on his lover when she become cold or him or problems between them

• Personally, I have never cheated but I would think that women cheat just as much as men, but women are more sneaky about it.

• "All girls really want is many things from one guy. All guys really want is one thing from many girls."

I know this is just a stereotype, but I felt the need to throw it out there.

• I think it is a pretty even thing. I know as many girls who have cheated as I know guys who have.

• well, recent studies reveal that 45-55% of women and 50-60% of men engage in extramarital sex at some time or another during their relationship.

so its almost even.

• "Statistics? You can use statistics to prove anything. 68% of people know that." -- Homer

• Your study is a bit out of date. It's from the 1950's and also showed that 12% of men in Alabama had had sex with a farmyard animal. It's rehashed periodically but still the same data. I think people are less likely to cheat now because its so much easier to leave someone and move on (in legal and social expectation terms I mean - not that its easier to get over someone)

• I cheated a few times, I was in a bad relationship but that's absolutely no excuse. Personally if I'm in a good relationship with someone I like then I won't cheat. I think it's maybe more so men but women can be just as guilty.

As the saying goes: "Women need a reason, men need a place."

• i would say its =

• Yes, I think it could go both ways but a guy will cheat with the girl next door and he will get caught cheating and most girls are sneaky. so when it all bords down both men and women could cheat.

• i think both do because there are some really shady girls out there.

i read in a article that many women cheat because of emotional issues

and men cheat for temptation or just to do it

i know both to do it not just one

• Ive known more guys to cheat than girls in my experience I voted from what I know.

• really? girls? I don't think so

• i would say men from what I had seen through my friends, and their friends, but I know as in general.. it is about both.

• I think guys and girls cheat about the same I'm surprised you didn't have a both button.

• Men need more sex then women are sometimes willing to give up.

What Guys Said 14

• I read an interesting article about this a while back... Turns out both men and women are hard wired to cheat... Coming from a completely survival of the fittest, they people that tend to act in a certain manner pass on mroe genetics.

But pretty much what it said is both cheat but they have different reasons to cheat... Men are pre programed to pretty much blow their load in anything that looks good. This results in more of their young walking around which in return do this. So this trait becomes dominant amoung the populus.

Since women (This is an in the past kinda thing so please jump my case I don't mean that's how it is now, just where the habit came from) relied on men a lot, for protection, for sustance ect... They would often enter into a long term relationship with a guy that is good at providing this, although he may not be the best looking, in order that she be provided for, but would often cheat with males that were better looking for that trait to be passed to her young.

The article I read supported evolution and states this began when people were monkies... I do not however believe in evolution and believe it still has happened Over the thousands of years people have been around.

Long story short... Both men and women are hard-wired to cheat. It results in a better way of life and more production of genetically better offspring. You may wanna refute this by saying but some people never cheat and never would think of it(I for one am one of those people). I am not stating human emotion can not overcome these instincts, but for example even if your in a long term commitetd relationship... guys will look at other females and females other m ales. its primal

It's a 1 for 1 deal. I didn't vote for this very reason neither is correct. Although men get caught more because they tend to think a lot with their penis and are more blatant about it.

Yalls input is appreciated.

• What is cheating, really? It just tells me that one person assumed too much. In any dispute I would always side with the cheater. They are pro-active, they get the job done, they seal the deal, while the poor victim stays at home and wonders what they did to deserve this. Well, you failed to grow a spine, for a start.

• I think men definitely cheat more in terms of sex, but women cheat MUCH more in nonsexual ways.

• i think its both. men brag about it when they do and so they are known as the cheaters. when really women can do it just as much they just know how to keep quiet about it. either way I can't stand cheating and I really hope to never be cheated on. it really hurts and is completely disrespectful to not only the one you cheated on but sometimes the one you cheated with.

• We can point to millions of studies about who cheats more often. Fact remains that I personally won't cheat and that each study differs because different people were asked!

• Women: link

• You know that article you linked to supports your answer being men not women. While it does concentrate on how sneaky and good women are at cheating it says 15% of women and 20% of men

• If the cheater isn't caught, there's no proof .Without proof there's no judgment, thus no criminal.

• I don't agree because just because someone doesn't get caught it doesn't mean they aren't a criminal. What you don't know does hurt you, it just makes it worse when you find out. I'd be a lot more hurt if my wife was able to carry on affair and have so little regard for me that she was able to completely hide it without an overwhelming guilt constantly visible

• huge shock at the results...

• I think its about equal but men get caught more.

• I have never cheated and never will!

• It could be both but maybe more then likely women because they get bored of men and he can't keep her interested so she goes for the next best thing. whereas men tend to be seduced easily

• Women will just break it off and follow the rules to get another banging buddy in a very short period of time ; guys take it when it is offered and sometimes it is a choice they have to make , is it worth it?

• its bcoz men are not that good at hiding they are caught more actually the ratio stands at 1:1

• What a surprise. Each one thinks the other cheats more.

Too bad there were so many more women who answered the poll.

• I recon its pretty equal, men will talk a big game but its usually women who have the opportunity to do it