Do off/on again relationships ever work out in the end?

The question pretty much explains.

I just would like to hear what you think.

I have been off/ on with someone I truly love, for 2 years.

We have been off/ on 4 times in this 2 years, and well we are off again. It has been 5 months, and I miss him like crazy and I can't stop thinking about him, and he texted me a month ago. But I ended up not replying, because I don't know if I could do another cycle of this off/and on thing.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt they do. Because when you think about it, why would marriage solve any of those problems? A ring on a finger doesn't really mean anything other than the two people live together, probably, and pay taxes together. The relationship is something completely on its own, and if you don't solve the problems, then don't expect marriage to just auto-erase them

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• if you truly love him, it wouldn't be on and off again. if you want a serious relationship, than no it will not work out. if you want to marry this guy with on and off relationship, just think how your marriage would be reflected on how the relationship is now. my opinion, is move on to a better guy that will be serious and there will be no on and off again

• I haven't had any luck so far. I just find myself going trough a cycle of fun, arguments, hell and eventual heartbreak. Screw it. You break up with somebody for a reason.