How would you describe a broken heart?

1. I haven't had my heart broken yet and am wondering what the difference between a broken heart and strongly missing your ex is.

2. I'm also curious as to whether people ever fully get over "the one that got away". would you take that person back if given another chance? If yes, why would you take them back?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• broken heart means you have the opportunity to fix things, and the chance treating yourself the way you want others to treat you.

taking ex back mean I don't have the ability to say yes or no to wrong people in my life, which means I give others their own space to choose for me to stay in my life whether I liked it or not.
    sometimes experience hurts... but it will make you believe in yourself.

Good luck..

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the same as grieving a death only worse because the person is still living and wants NOTHING to do with you anymore. Like a tonne of bricks on your shoulders weighing you down 24/7 and the worst is late at night and in the mornings. Slowly but surely eating away at you until you finally breakdown

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • wtf is it really like that can't seem to bring myself to ever reach this point.

• Show All
    • I'm sorry to hear that about your friend. I hope he gets the help that he needs

• he failed and learned from his mistakes. he is now happily moved on with another girlfriend. lets just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• A broken heart is like having freezing icicles continually pierce your heart, and steadily drain your will to move forward. Your body feels heavy and you feel like screaming, but can't get it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I will never take an ex back. I'm not that stupid. A broken heart is the worst kind of emotional pain there is. It could be from a betrayal like adultery or a death and also a breakup

0|0
    0|0
    • I know some situations are really toxic. I meant more along the lines of a mutually respectful breakup, like if you guys just grew apart for some reason but later on were back on the same page.

• Never happen.

• Broken heart is the worst pain ever

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The deeper ya fall, the harder ya break.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an indescribably painful.

I'm still secretly in love with a guy who hurt me deeply. I've moved on, but there's a tiny part of me that will always be just for him. He hurt me, but I can't hate him or unlove him. I don't think I'd go back him if he asked me to, because I'd fear he'd hurt me again. I couldn't face that heartwrenching pain again

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes