Should I fight for our relationship or let her go?

My girlfriend says she loves everything about me but doesn't see a future with me because of our opposing religious views. I'm a Protestant Christian and She's a Jehovah's Witness. She said she wants this relationship but it wouldn't work because she's a devout baptist. She even asked me to convert so we could try again later. She feels it's best if we break up and never talk again cause we've been off an on for this same reason and she's really tempted to to have sex with me. (She's a virgin).

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok. Cliché answer time: Talk to God. Pray about it man, your heavenly father has an interest in your wellbeing. He loves you!
    Beyond that: Get some advice from people church. Find a friendly, God honouring couple and ask for advice - they can be really helpful.

Failing that:
    My personal perspective on it is to make the break. I'm a Protestant Christian myself, and having had friends who were Jehovah's Witness and friends who are Baptists, I'd say there is something of a difference between the two. I could be in a relationship with a Baptist and not see an issue, but whilst I can be friends with a Jehovah's Witness, I think the theological differences are sufficient to rule out a more intimate relationship. This seems especially true in your case, where she seems unhappy unless you covert, which I'm sorry to say kind of finishes it for me. Never compromise your faith for someone, it's not worth it!

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think you have to let her go. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, and I'm so sorry for that. But, if she feels that the two of you aren't compatible, you relationship won't get anywhere. You'll stay in that unsatisfied limbo place until you'll break up again. There will be other girls that are compatible with you in this area and it will make a relationship a lot easier! Hope this helps and good luck!

0|1
    0|0
  • I would fight for her if you really love her. It all depends on your feelings.. I would pretty upset with my boyfriend if he told me to convert my religion.

0|1
    0|0
    • I do love her but she's not willing to fight against her beliefs and congregation

• The best option than is to let her go, and find someone who will or is the same religion

• Probably best to let it go. If her religion is that important to her, then opposing ideology will definitely get in the way.

0|2
    0|0
  • Let her go to figure out her priorities. She'll probably come back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea let that shit go... that sounds like a crap ton of drama and BS

0|1
    0|0
  • You know, they are trouble. Why get involved with a cult?

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you mean she's baptised , as a witness ? Because I'm a Jehovah's Witness and a Baptist isn't the same as a Jehovah's Witness. It's a different religion , different faiths

I'd never leave Jehovah for anyone man or go against bible principles. My standing before Jehovah means more to me than anything. He's my God, and best friend. A man would have to seek Jehovah first before I'd fall in love with him

Don't fight for her. Let her go. In my opinion she'll eventually regret being with you. Her conscience will affect her greatly. It's easy for people to say fight for her but if you do, in the long- term.. it won't work out. She should stay loyal to Jehovah, no disrespect to you, but I pray she finds the strength to put Jehovah first in her life. It's difficult to at times, but with strong faith and love, and strength from Jehovah.. it's possible

0|2
    0|1

What Guys Said 11

• I have no ideas about all the religions and castes mentioned in the question.

But I'd only like to say one thing, don't fight for it if you're fighting alone.

I mean if you're willing to fight for it then she should be fighting along with you.

Or else you'll be fighting alone and she won't be there to back you up and that'd be pointless.

0|2
    0|0
  • How attached are you to your beliefs? If you're not willing to convert (and she's too selfish to even consider doing the same for you), drop her and move on. Virgins are terrible in bed, anyway.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm more spiritual then Religious. Im a Christian but I just don't believe in organized religious systems. They're to corrupt

• Even if she is made of pure gold, saying that you should convert for her is a big turn off.
    this is a classical case of manipulation. even if you convert , your future will be full of compromises just because she wants it.
    I know this because I was also asked to convert.
    these kinds of demands won't stop here.

my advice is that if you want to sell your soul to her, then you fulfill her demands.

0|1
    0|0
  • why does she ask you to convert? "Let's be athiests" well that sounds more romantic. 😏

0|1
    0|0
    • You can't marry outside the faith. Jehovah's Witness should only marry other JW or you could get disfellowed from the church

• Show All
    • I'll be man to man honest with you brother, i hav no idea about her qualities or beauty or any of that but with what i read, i dont she is worthy cus, with that convert thing it all sounds like something missionary. im sorry, what she is asking for is not balanced. she wants you to give up urs but she won't do the same.

• True, she's not willing to do the same, it's either I convert or nothing

• As a Protestant Christian, Jehovahs Witnesses are bunch of self minded/ Selfish people, they don't care for their partner enough, I know God is priority but hey God made man and woman for a reason. I'd say let her go, don't let her change what you know is right.

0|1
    0|0
  • it would be dumb to let her go, cuz off some stupid religion

religion ain't above love, rest is upto u guys

0|1
    0|0
  • Break it off. You should not be unevenly yoked sir, but love her regardless.

0|1
    0|0
  • What? I don't get it since you say 2 things about her as Jehovah's Witness and a devout Baptist at the same time?

0|0
    0|0
    • Baptized as a Jehovah Witness

• Oh, I get it... I don't believe about Jehovah's Witness... Its a cult! If you are in hospital and you don't want any type of treatment like surgeries and blood transfusion and die in stupid way of believing that!

• Break it off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Give her the boot. Not worth it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jehovah is a fucking cult. You can win.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean?

• Show All
    • I feel you, it's not me though it's her lol. She's deep in it. Grew up in it since she was little. Her whole family are Jehovah Witnesses.

• Oops. You weren't exactly clear. Not that I was trying that hard. Same thing. You gotta convince her that religions are all the same someday. In the mean time, show her that you WILL make her happy.

Recommended myTakes