Why did my ex text me?

I broke up with my ex for 6-7 months.
(cause he had 2 girls in the same time, so I decided to walk away)

Last month he started liking my picture and stalking my friends on Instagram.
And last week, I received the message from him via IG message " ; ) "
So I decided to text his new girl and told her what he is doing right now.

The ex said I am crazy; "just one smile face and you texted my gf".
Yes. I am crazy. And I will not anyone to playing with my feeling.
We ended up really badly. And after long time we stopped talking, wtf is " ; ) "?

I know that he is in the relationship with that girl.
The worst is I still have the feeling for him.
I both love and hate him very much in the same time.

He ended our conversation that "Sorry for bothering you. I won't message you again".

The question is, why did he message me like that?
Why did he do that since he is still with that girl and they are in relationship now.

And what should I do to get over him?

12