After I broke up with my boyfriend im afraid to fall in love?

I will give my heart a break, bcs this is first time i'm feeling heartbroken. This is the worst feeling i've ever feel. I don't want fall in love with someone again because i'm afraid crash too hard. Is this normal?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been there, it won't be the same type of love though, it will be differnent and better. totally normal. just dont rush into anything, although a few one night stands might help your confidence if you think you are ugly.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Very much normal. And you have to think about more of yourself right now more than anything. In fact, it was because you fell in love that you ended up in this mess in the first place. It is not real love. Real love is not 'falling in love' just for you to fall 'out' of it. Once you understand what love is, you won't have to worry about falling in love, because you will be able to love somebody freely without feeling bound or destroyed. Love is what you do! It takes action. What you do displays love, not with words! It is an emotion, yes, but not fleeting feelings. Know your worth first, find out what you need in a partner, know what you want long term, and your life goals such as marriage and children, BEFORE you seek to attempt at another relationship. Even if it takes you another year or two by yourself. At least you had plenty enough time to think about it, and grow into a mature young woman you need to become: emotionally, mentally and psychologically. NOT physically.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• i remember feeling what you do now, but a few weeks later, im out checking out women! feeling passes. give it time. you won't give a crap

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea it's pretty normal, normal as fuuuuuuuuck

0|0
    0|0
    • okay all jokes aside lol, yes it is absolutely normal. It means you had genuine human feelings for your ex, and anyone would be broken or upset if something you loved just sort of disappeared from you. But the best thing I can tell you (as I was dumped to the curb pretty hard myself) is that you might think it's gonna take forever to get over him, but if you keep yourself busy by focusing on a hobby, working out, talking to new people, you will get over him and the fear of falling for someone again. In psychology, humans can only experience a certain amount of stimulus at a time, so distracting yourself from the stimulus of heart ache will eventually lead you to forget about the whole heart ache. good luck to you!

• Thanks a lott👌🏻

• anytime 👌

• You will get over it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• you need some time to yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's normal. Heartbreak is excruciatingly painful. There's no guarantees in love. No one can guarantee they'll never hurt you or leave you. That's why it's best to just "live in this moment and time".

Try to be strong on your own. Learn to enjoy being independent. Try to use self- help by researching how to change your mindset, so you can be more of an adaptable person , and emotionally stronger. Don't rely on other people for your own happiness, cos once they've gone... then so is your happiness. Create your own happiness. Then when a guy you care about comes along hell just enrich your life, not be your life. Also , you'll be strong enough to deal with the hurt if the relationship fails.

Fear prevents you from " living" , and enjoying life to the fullest. So don't allow someone who hurt you to have that much control over your future

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes