Did I do something wrong?

My dad left my mom and I yesterday. He didn't even say that he loved me before he left. I felt like my parents were going to get divorced but anytime i asked my mom she always changed the subject. I was wondering if anyone knew if my dad even cared. My dad and I used to be very close. I don't understand why he didn't even say that he loved me. Anyone know why he just left? I feel like I did something wrong.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry you're going through that!

Your dad was probably very upset when he left. I know from myself that I say stuff I don't mean and hurt those closest to me when I'm very angry. Most often they did nothing to deserve it.

So your dad may be protecting you from himself. Maybe he just needed to get out. Kids are rarely if ever the cause of marital problems. Give him some time.

Please take care. :-)

2|0
    0|0
    • But couldn't he have just said goodbye?

• Show All
    • Good night!

• Hi. Thank you for MHO. More importantly, I hope your relationship with your individual parents is going well! :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh baby😔Sweetheart this has nothing to do with you. I am a mom of 3 kids and their dad and I are not getting along anymore. I left (imagine "MOM" ) and I said very hurtful things its because I was very mad. I came over 2 days ago and apologized because u didn't mean what i said. Parents love their kids more than their life itself. But reality is parents fall out of love and the result is fighting. No one wants to be around that! It will get better baby. Let mom and dad resolve their issues. I will pray for you baby.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• absolutely not. divorce makes parents crazy. they do stupid shit. it's very painful, and most people cannot bring themselves to talk to their kids about what's happening especially specifics... it's not kid shit. be a kid. you have the rest of your life to find out about the crazyness you have no choice to be involved in right now. just be a kid. don't get wrapped up in it. do kid stuff instead.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't know if I can anymore. My dad was my hero. Then he just left...

• I'm a dad with a 14 year old daughter. troubled marriage. I've walked out because of fighting with mom.. not saying a word to my kids. I love my kids, but at the time? hurt, anger, hopelessness, fear desperation... it's overwhelming. as confused as you are kid, your parents are new to this too. they aren't going to get it right every time. life just happens and you gotta figure it out unless you're already prepared to handle it. divorce is terrible, but it's your parents relationship. mom and dad that is in trouble. you aren't responsible for their actions. your dad is going through it... and he blew it by not saying goodbye. his problem not yours. don't be too hard on him. let him know how you feel. it's not your bad. it's his mistake.

• it's not you.

• I know you didn't do anything wrong. You know, adult relationships are complicated. I went through an ugly divorce and what you wrote there absolutely breaks my heart because I have a pair of daughters that I love to death. I had to fight for every second I have with them. They're actually currently asleep in the other room and when I saw this post, I got up immediately to write.

Anyway, I'm not going to defend what he did because I can't imagine doing it myself, but I'll just say that things are probably really complicated between him and your mom right now. Give it some time. I can't promise he'll do the right thing and be a dad again because that doesn't always happen but I'm hoping and rooting for the best possible outcome.

1|0
    0|0
    • OK. I just wanted to like feel like at least cared about me. I just can't believe that he didn't say anything to me. He didn't even say goodbye

• Show All
    • I'll try I guesd

• Don't ever think that you were at fault. He probably had a lot on his mind.. splitting isn't easy, on either part.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• it has nthng to do with you.
    just seems your parents have a lot to deal with and are sort off taken by it completely.
    talk about it with your mum and tell her your feelings.
    hopefully she ll make things clearer to you.
    orrrr she might be bitter and about the situation and start blaming your dad I don t know much about her or the situation so dunno.
    but I just want you to open your eyes to the situation here and what can be expected.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't ever blame yourself for that your not the reason why they get separate in the first place, maybe he will call you later and tell you everything what's up, I know that when parents fight if stress us out but all you can do is wait and see what happens, I'm sure he loves you but he was just caught up in the heat of the moment and was angry that's why he didn't say anything to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure your dad loves you very much... please don't think you did something wrong. It sounds like things were strained between your parents, they probably have a lot to figure out...

0|1
    0|0
  • It's between your parents and not your fault. Hopefully he recognizes soon that his departure has upset you.

0|0
    0|0
  • you didn't do anything

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes