Why do break ups happen?

I mean, if you chose the best person for yourself, then why would you break up them? If they were perfect for you, why would you leave?

1111

Most Helpful Guy

• Even people who are being cautious make mistakes about others. When we begin dating, we are all on our best behavior. After dating for 6 months or a year, some people start to relax and not always be in their best behavior; they begin showing their true colors.

Sometimes, people do things that are contrary to our expectations. Very few people go into a relationship expecting their partner to be unfaithful but we know it happens fat too often.

Whenever you think you have everything figured out, life throws a few surprises at you.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are only loyal to their own priorities, their needs and wants. Over time their needs and wants can change, so their feelings change as well. So they just start to grow apart. That's why it's best to live in the moment of things, because no one can guarantee they'll never hurt you or leave you . That's a chance everyone takes when they fall in love

Relationships only stand a chance of surviving if both people make self-. sacrifices and compromises for each other. It's rare to find two people who are willing to do that for each other

What Guys Said 10

• From a relationship coaching lens, here are my thoughts.

1) You have chosen the best person for yourself based on what you knew about yourself, about them, and about your life at the time. The same goes for 'they were perfect for you', you need to add 'at the time' at the end of that.

2) We very often overuse our heart at the expense of our head. In this, we move very quickly from seeing someone to getting to know them BUT we were often don't really get to know THEM. We know surface things about them and yet at the time, we thought that they were the best person for us.

3) We often times do not know ourselves enough to know what we want and, in fact, what we need in relationship. So, at the time that we met this person, we were crazy about them. But maybe nine months later we learned a little more about ourselves and that additional knowledge helped clarify some things about ourselves that changed our perspective of the person we were with.

• Well, sometimes things don't work out as they planned to be. Sometimes you realise that the person you thought they were aren't really who they are, or that you just don't feel about them like you felt before. It's like a candle where the fire slowly starts to burn up when it doesn't receive any oxygen anymore. If there is no more attraction, or you start to get annoyed or bored by the certain individual, then break-ups will happen. It is normal: if you are with that certain person, but you don't feel happy in your life or don't feel happy in your relationship anymore, then there is no reason to stay with them anymore. There are many ways a breakup might happen. I just got out of one because my (now ex-) girlfriend said that I was being "too clingy" for her, which made her lose attraction in me, and now she is happier, plus, we still talk with each other, so no real hard feelings. I'm trying to say that there are various reasons as to why this might happen.

• Because they aren't perfect for you. That's the point of dating. To see if they are the best person for you. If not, you break up. Plus there are other factors that can put too much strain on a relationship for it to continue

• Either someone did something wrong to deserve a break up and the person who breaks it off is justified. or someone didn't do something to deserve a break up, and the person who breaks it off is evil for ending it. I am only referring to sexual relationships and not nonsexual relationships. Its ok to break up with any one you have not had sex with, because thats not a binding relationship. But if you break it off you should have a good reason.

• there are so many reasons , stupid reasons... i rather get shot , breaking up is more painfull than getting shot , anyplace...

• Nobody's Perfect

• In what world does a person choose the most suitable partner? Not mine.

• maybe you weren't the perfect girl for this guy who breaks up with you

• when there is no understanding and major trust issues.

• Because no one is perfect.

What Girls Said 10

• Part of the reason was because I felt like scum. I wasn't the best for them and they deserved better. For me, they were the best. But I wasn't.

Another reason was that I have had extremely bad depression, and I couldn't function like a basic human being. I decided to break up with my first boyfriend because I NEEDED to get better before starting something new. Another time, I wanted to breakup because I wanted him to focus on his depression and anxiety; not on me. Of course, that breakup story didn't occur.

• Maybe you realize you bring eachother down and then its really for the best if you just say bye. at least thats what happened with my relationship of 4.5 years. At first we were eachothers biggest support, I don't know what happened but we werent supporting eachother as much as we should have towards the end. Plus there wasn't much communication going on.

• Lots of reasons. It might have just fizzled out, bad timing, external factors etc.

• there's so many reasons. a lot of the times, the person just isn't the right one for you, even if you love each other unfortunately

• People change. That partner in particular might have been perfect for the 'you' that you were at that particular time, but as times passed, you both changed & at some point, it just didn't fit anymore.

• Sometimes you don't know this person well enough, or he could change. I broke up with my exes because one cheated on me and the other turned out to be an asshole.

• Because you got to know them better.

• Things just change sometimes... feelings dont always last forever

• People change Hun good or bad

• sometimes it is because people change sometimes its because guys or girls are stupid sometimes it is because someone wasn't who u thought they were sometimes someone gets stupid and cheats just because someone is better looking they there partner sometimes because the two were great as friends but just seemed awkward around each other as a couple so they decided to take a set back and be friends there are many reasons for that kind of thing but there are always better people out there and one day you will meet your soul mate i am sure of it