How do I tell my mom I'm breaking up with my boyfriend?

It's not like she's judgmental I'm just bad with talking to her and I don't know how to bring it up to her without being like "Oh by the way I'm breaking up with ____! What are we having for dinner?"

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a big deal really, and next time don't tell her you have a boyfriend until you guys have been together for a while

• We have been dating for 7 months

• Well it's a alright amount, but you shouldn't be afraid to tell your mom ANYTHING : ) you're just sharing with her

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not exactly sure why it matters so much that you tell your mom something like that, but if you do feel like you have to or should...

How about you just wait until your mom says something or asks a related question, like:

"I've noticed you haven't been out with [boyfriend] lately."
    "You haven't mentioned [boyfriend] in a while. Anything happened with you two?"
    Etc.

• Well we hung out yesterday and I'm breaking up with him tomorrow so I need to tell her today