How do I tell my mom I'm breaking up with my boyfriend?

It's not like she's judgmental I'm just bad with talking to her and I don't know how to bring it up to her without being like "Oh by the way I'm breaking up with ____! What are we having for dinner?"

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a big deal really, and next time don't tell her you have a boyfriend until you guys have been together for a while

0|0
    0|0
    • We have been dating for 7 months

• Well it's a alright amount, but you shouldn't be afraid to tell your mom ANYTHING : ) you're just sharing with her

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not exactly sure why it matters so much that you tell your mom something like that, but if you do feel like you have to or should...

How about you just wait until your mom says something or asks a related question, like:

"I've noticed you haven't been out with [boyfriend] lately."
    "You haven't mentioned [boyfriend] in a while. Anything happened with you two?"
    Etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well we hung out yesterday and I'm breaking up with him tomorrow so I need to tell her today

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Why does your mom needs to be informed?

1|0
    0|0
    • Because I sill live with my family and him and I were dating for 6 months so my family knows him well and I'm supposed to be picking out prom dresses with her

• Makes sense now. Just do what's best for you and your mom will support you no matter what

• I know but I can't figure out how to bring it up

• Why is it such a big deal?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her... no biggie.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just say "mom, I'm breaking up with my boyfriend." Maybe it will even be helpful to talk things through with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just break up with him. tell her after

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes