My boyfriend dumped me for being preoccupied with school and soccer?

So I've been dating this guy for about 2 months now and everything was great. For Valentine's Day we went to a fancy restaurant my family owns and it was a nice time. After that, he just completely stopped talking to me, no texts or anything. He was extremely distant for some reason and I didn't confront him until he cancelled our plans a few days later. He was apologetic saying that he was just busy and tired and everything would change. I accepted it and assumed everything would be fine, until he continued to ignore me for 3 more days straight. I asked him what was wrong and then he called me and told me "it would be better if we were just friends" and that I deserved someone that could be there for me more often. But even with his soccer schedule and schoolwork before he had no problem with talking to me, he started avoiding me suddenly. I was too in shock to get much out on the phone (which only lasted 3 minutes by the way) and then that was it. He just completely stopped talking to me. I know 2 months isn't a very long relationship, but we were talking a long time beforehand and had built a good relationship, I was so happy. Even if the relationship wasn't that serious, I feel like I deserve more than a phone call. It's been 3 days since he dumped me and I still have no closure. I feel like this issue is salvageable and we can work through it. I don't understand why he wouldn't try and compromise if I'm such an amazing person like he claims, unless there's another reason behind it. I at least need to talk to him face to face one last time so we can either resolve it or at least get closure. It would make me feel a lot better if I could speak to him again instead of completely cutting eachother off. How long should I wait to reach out to him? Or should I even reach out to him and just let it be?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Man what is this guy doing. First off who ever break up like this. At least be a man and talk it out and close it. Second the reason is so kiddish, like you side it can be worked out. You should try and ask him to meet up to talk about it. If he doesn't barge then just forget him and conside it ended.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is exactly what my ex did to me too. I do think you should talk in person, that gave me great closure afterwards. It's not fair of him to cut you off like that and not give you an explanation in person. And just know you will find someone much better than him. A guy that will give up an amazing girl for a reason like this doesn't deserve her in the first place.

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry, I did not read your story, but it very common for people your age to date many different people before your teen years are done. I'm sorry he dumped you, but this is your chance now to find a guy that is even better!

• Sounds like he just got bored tbh

What Girls Said 1

• Move on he isn't worth it