Couples who always end up back together somehow?

Do you think they'll end up getting it together eventually? TV always creates drama over it -- Lucas and Peyton (One Tree Hill), Dr. House and Dr. Cuddy (House), Ryan and Marissa (The O.C.).

My friend had this on/off thing with his ex. At one point, they seemed on the verge of getting back together but he chose someone else. Now they are no longer on speaking terms. It's the longest they've gone without taking, even though there doesn't seem to be any ill feelings. He's single again, and I noticed she commented on his Facebook status recently.

I've always had a crush on him. I just wonder if it's a lost cause. What do you think? Anyone been in a situation like this?

Thanks guys for all your input. The reason why I'm hesitant is because they've broken up for stupid reasons which is why I think they always end up back together. I asked him once if he still likes her and his response was that it changes.

115

Most Helpful Girl

• No it will not work out in the end.! However, they will always be on/off friends.!... Its only because they are both immature or maybe its just HIM who's immature. Immaturity really screws up your chances of being with the girl/guy that's right for you!...If its an on/off relationship chances are there is SOME type of chemistry there, its something about the 2 of them together.

So lets look at the relationship from a mature standpoint. He only focuses on her, he doesn't care about trying other girls. And I'm blaming it all on him because it seems like HES the reason that they can't stay together properly. So until he matures and becomes a man instead of a boy they will just be friends. And he can screw all the girls he want until he's ready to settle down. That's all it basically is him not wanting to settle down. She's the type of girl that likes him and only him or wouldn't mind being with him, obviously because she kept getting back with him as well. Most girls are like this. However with guys its a different story.

And you say you've always had a crush on him. Let it go, let HIM go, rather.! You are remaining his friend in hopes of him possibly developing feelings for you. But if he hasn't by this point, those feelings will never come. It's only hurting you knowing that he doesn't want you but you want him. Its like a recovering druggy hanging out with a druggy, you'll be constantly reminded of the pain. Go find someone else. Hope it help!

- Rhaz xoxo

• He's dated other girls, but they always seem to find their way back to each other. But I think it's safer to keep my distance. I think they're on friendly terms again...

• Thanks for giving me best answer!!! But right, keep your distance. Be patient something great will happen for you if you keep getting yourself together and doing your own thing.! You will have a great relationship w/o all that drama. And don't worry about them. That's their issues, and not your concern.! :)

What Guys Said 5

• Where there is a will there is a way.

I am speaking only for myself: I have been in a relationship that was on/off and I'm still going through it.

I strongly advise people to not do the same thing as me, especially if they want a steady relationship. I find it pleasant the way we have it because we are both on familiar ground (we've explained what we want).

~ ArtistBBoy

• So why go through it?

• That's true. Well I hope it works out for you two. =)

• Thank you:) It is so far.

• Don't let TV influence you. The reason the fictional characters on TV always get back together is because the writers want to create tension to keep the show interesting. Tv is NOTHING like real life, and when people from our generation start imitating TV (which often happens) we end up seriously f***ed up.

If this guy is single now, just make a move. If it works out, great! If it doesn't work out, oh well, no big deal.

There is no reason to wait.

• I'm not I was just using those examples to illustrate my point lol

• All's fair in love and war, and He'd probably like to try dating someone new, then his old girlfriend which is comfortable, and they broke up for a reason. So I say leave a subtitle hint, if he bites at it yay if he doesn't you get the picture. (aka like one of his pictures on fb, or comment) If he's single he's fair game.

• Very true. I just don't want to ruin a friendship by pursing it if he's not over her.

• may be you can leave him for a while even if you had a crush on him lets make one for all

if he is back so he s urs but he can't adapt and need time this is the case if you rnt wrong and he is faulty this time . if not you had to appologize

• Sounds like he's single from his Facebook status. He probably wouldn't mind banging his ex's friend as long as she's hot.

• I'm not her friend. I'm his friend. I would never take my friend's guy! Lol

What Girls Said 10

• I've been in one of those revolving door relationships myself. I am IN LOVE with him, no doubt, and it's a known fact he feels the same about me. He has serious abandonment issues, and because of them, he will NOT commit to anyone, and likely never will. He runs when he is happy because he is so accustomed to things going south when he get's comfortable. He is also a cheater/mooch/liar and loves to play minds games with random girls online, all just to boost his ego which is oh-so-fragile. The ONLY times he ever mans up and takes a serious approach to a proper relationship with me is when I'm happy with another man. I finally had to put my foot down and end the cycle. Now we are able to be friends, since he knows I closed that door for good.

• Not always. I mean, maybe they just have a casual thing. It's an on again off again relationship, which means they'll be off again after they're on again. Just go for it. What can you lose? You definitely won't get him if you don't try.

• Not a lost cause, nothing's impossible.

Who knows what the future reserves for you? He could break up with his new girlfriend and you never know what might happen.

Don't lose hope yet.

• I think if you have problems that clearly couldn't be solved in the first place, to the point of break up it should remain that way - or it's just gonna repeat.

• i've been in the same situation as your friend, a few times. we always say we won't talk to him when him and his girlfriend break up-but we do. at first. we're just friends, and then we flirt, and then we get to the point where we're trying not to like him. truth is, we might actually like him. you should probably ask your friend if she is considering pursuing him before you try and do anything.

• I'm more of his friend than hers so it's weird if I do that. The last time they broke up I asked him if her liked her and he said it changes. I know he's at least attracted to her still, but I don't know if it goes beyond that. And like I said, they weren't on speaking terms for a bit so it was a sore subject. I'm afraid to bring her up.

• thats exactly what happened with me.

my friend and the guy I liked kept getting together and breaking up for almost a year until they both got fed up and refused to talk. now they talk again but are just friends.

i don't think it's a lost cause, just because they talk again doesn't mean they are instantly gonna date again.

i myself ended up dating the guy I liked but then we both decided we were better off as friends and now he's one of the closet friends I've got.

• yeah guy I been with for 3 years we been on and off over 100 times I'm so accustomed to coming back its crazy we always come back to each other which sucks but its tiring but idk

• Why don't you guys ever end it for good? Have you each dated other people in that time frame?

• Yeah we have we really have but somehow its like were attached and we always come back to eachother

• I think it should be a lost cause. You should go after your friend's ex, it's like girl code.

• Huh? HE'S my friend -- not her. I only know her BECAUSE of him.

• From my personal experience.. no matter how much time goes by or if I date someone new... I always have my ex in my mind.. My ex and I had been through so much, and when he and I broke up the first time, it was because I was young and unsure of what I wanted in life even though I did love him.. Then time when on and he and I were on again then off again like 5 times.. We both still cared greatly for each other and were really good together, but he had some personal issues going on.. After his parents were debating divorce and he had so many hurtful relationships before, even with me breaking his heart since our first break up was my decision.. He was scared and though I had realized what I had in front of me and knew I wanted to spend my life with him.. he still had some of his journey to discover what he really wanted in life.. Well, time passed by, we didn't talk for a few years.. though I thought of him often and asked around if people know of how he was.. One day he searched me out.. And we no longer lived close, but continued to talk online on the phone, video chatting.. It was great.. We definitely still cared for each other.. No question.. We started to long distance date.. Driving to each other on weekends.. Now we have been together for 3 months plan on a future together.. He has grown up and figured out what he wants in life and knows he wants me in it.. So I think It depends on the relationship, the 2 in it.. If it's more of a comfortable thing or a chemistry thing? Some times people stay together because it's the easiest thing to do or because they are lonely.. But other times, it may just be that there is so much in their individual lives that need to be figured out and timing may not be right.. So.. like a lot of others said, go for it... ya never know.. He may be going back with her because she is a comfort zone for him or because he is lonely.. and if that's the case, maybe you can sweep him away before he goes back to comfort.. And does exciting and new with you instead. And if it's not meant to be he'll tell you he doesn't feel the same or at least give you that vibe.. Good luck

• I think it depends on the relationship and reasons why they've broken up. If someones cheated or done something hurtful that's really hard to forgive they probably won't last without a lot of work, but it's definitely possible. I think you should be careful if you do start something with the guy you like knowing that he does keep going back to his ex shows that he isn't over her,

• There was no cheating. The first time they broke up was because he didn't think he could handle long distance, but took it back later because he realized it was a stupid reason. The second time was because she was afraid. But somehow they ended up back together again lol.