Can you talk to your ex after broke up? If the answer is cannot, what is the reason?

I have my friends she stop talking and seeing her ex. It almost 4 years since they broke up. They seem agree to be friend but cannot pratically do it in real situation.

so, i don't understand them
Please share your experience.
Updates:
They talked about 4 months and broke up about 4 years ago. 3 years ago they're randomly in the same work group. I think they can be friend because it has been many years now. That is why i don't understand them. :D

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't be friends with your ex you just can't be unless you had a relationship that wasn't that great anyway and there's absolutely no passion no jealousy no nothing... i guess i can be friends with my ex but i just can't stand his face right about now and i'm not jealous of him or passionate about him

1|0
    0|0
    • "Unless you had a relationship that wasn't that great". Do you mean good realationship tend to cannot be friend after broke up?

• that's all on you are you the jealous type or can you stand to see him happier than with you? i am saying if it was an intense relationship sexually it would be difficult... but if it was one where it wasn't and you just don't care who he's with than be friends... the question is why do you want to be friends... as women we get over our heartaches and move on... maybe you were friends before you were lovers? i guess that would work... but if there was a lot of passion it would be hard... don't forget as men they'll always try and hit you up for some kind of sex

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I've never stayed friends with an ex. But we've always remained friendly enough that if we ran into eachother during social events with mutual friends, there was no awkwardness. I guess a friendship is possible for some people, but I prefer not, we broke up for a reason. And whatever that reason, wee need our space from eachother.

1|0
    0|0
  • if you have to ask than you are still in to them. or they you. just keep distance till you both know that you are friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can talk to some of my exs but the ones that cheated on me I will never talk to

1|0
    0|0
  • im jealous so i can't

1|0
    0|0
    • Why do you jealous?

• if my ex girlfriend has new boyfriend and tells me. so i better not talk to ex girlfriend

• it is very difficult but yes, sure why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • She was always begging

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the breakup and how well it went

0|0
    0|0
    • My friend (girl) said she doesn't forget her old crush

• but she doesn't return to her old crush

• Some people have your friends mentality but others who were on good terms with their ex's stayed friends and of course some even got back together so while your friend might say don't go back to your ex I say it depends on how everything ended

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.
    It is just one more ex in a long line of exes you will have in your life.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I broke up with my ex, and we hhave a daughter together, but we're separated living under the same roof for over a year now. This being I can't afford a place by myself, being am unemployed single mother. But after a 10 year relationship, we decided we're both better off as friends. The relationship has never been better. We are the bested of friends. So yeah I suppose breaking up and just being friends isn't the worst thing in the world!

1|0
    0|0
  • Very recent situation, it's a bad idea if one or both still have feelings. Me and my ex only dated for a month and a half and it was long distance so we've never kissed, had sex, etc. we thought of eachother as bestfriends during the relationship and 4 months later we tried being friends. My intentions were to get back together but his wasn't. He would say he doesn't want to go there again but he'd do relationship type things towards me. He was always open with me about other females and he told me how him and one girl had sex during the breakup and she got in between us because she's messy and he's too nice. I wasn't happy with him in my life even though I do have love for him.

1|0
    0|0
    • I always thought it was possible to be friends and didn't see why everyone thought it was a horrible idea but I see why now. There's no point. + my ex would want to try having sex with me and also told me he'd have sex with others if he wants to because he's single. He wanted to live his life while still getting girlfriend benefits from me and I'm not that kind of girl who'd tolerate that. Im not saying every situation is like this though but I'm pretty sure it's not rare

Recommended myTakes