Can you talk to your ex after broke up? If the answer is cannot, what is the reason?

I have my friends she stop talking and seeing her ex. It almost 4 years since they broke up. They seem agree to be friend but cannot pratically do it in real situation.

so, i don't understand them
Please share your experience.
They talked about 4 months and broke up about 4 years ago. 3 years ago they're randomly in the same work group. I think they can be friend because it has been many years now. That is why i don't understand them. :D

38

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't be friends with your ex you just can't be unless you had a relationship that wasn't that great anyway and there's absolutely no passion no jealousy no nothing... i guess i can be friends with my ex but i just can't stand his face right about now and i'm not jealous of him or passionate about him

• "Unless you had a relationship that wasn't that great". Do you mean good realationship tend to cannot be friend after broke up?

• that's all on you are you the jealous type or can you stand to see him happier than with you? i am saying if it was an intense relationship sexually it would be difficult... but if it was one where it wasn't and you just don't care who he's with than be friends... the question is why do you want to be friends... as women we get over our heartaches and move on... maybe you were friends before you were lovers? i guess that would work... but if there was a lot of passion it would be hard... don't forget as men they'll always try and hit you up for some kind of sex