Good long-term breakup strategy?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now, and I'm afraid of commitment. I want to go out, fool around, and date other people that are more fit for me as a person. I'm very sure I want to break it off and that nothing can be "fixed", but problem is I love him dearly and he has an alternate personality that's very violent. His alter has gone away much in our relationship, and it's because he doesn't feel alone anymore. He's relying on me. I'm terribly worried for his mental health, but I can't lead him on. What's the best way to go about this? Psycho therapy is almost 100% not an option for various reasons.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• so how its possible that you really love him, and you want to love other people?
    don't make decisions that you'll regret doing
    maybe this guy who you want to break up with loves you for real and knows your true value more than anyone
    but if you're really tired of him or something you can tell him you want some space and then start avoiding and ignoring him until he gets the idea

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!