Is casual sex after a break up a bad way to cope?

I always do this.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are being safe and feel good about it, good for you! If you aren't being safe and feel shame or regret, then it is definitely bad. Don't let anyone else determine what is right for you, but be smart about it and don't do or continue to do things that don't make you feel good about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely. It feels great of course but that's just a temporary feeling. Afterwards just feels a bit... off. Like maybe it wasn't the best of ideas. Best things I find was just focusing on myself. Look after yourself by going gym, eating healthy, spending quality time with people who care about you (family and friends), go get new clothes or something or new style like a different haircut. Whatever it is resist the urge of jumping into bed with women just because you feel like it'll help recover from the breakup. And avoid over drinking!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I tried it before and it didn't work out for me. I felt worse about myself than I had before afterwards. I think some me time is the best way to recover after a break up. But different things work for different people so if it suits you and you're not hurting anyone in the process then keep doing what you're doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • for most people, yes, it's a terrible idea: post-breakup, most people are vulnerable and afraid of being alone; casual sex with someone who doesn't care about them will turn them into a trainwreck,

that said, it's definitely not true for all. so go with your gut.

my suggestion: if you are sleeping with someone to feel something, you are doing it for the wrong reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebounds are definitely bad, if you don't actually like them. When it comes to casual sex, well I guess it depends on the person, and if they'll feel worse or fine about themselves if they do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they say 'the best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else! Lol 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • yes because it creates the idea the their is still hope.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Crap

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    Unless you want an std

0|0
    0|0
  • it is not a good idea

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it just frees your mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • can be not for me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Generally no. Most people cannot disconnect cleanly like that. It can be good purge yourself from that last relationship with some meaningless sex, but most people start to dwell on it and feel worse after the fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES! It helped me build my self esteem. it fidnt repair the hurt but made me realize that i was attractive and the bullshit from my ex to put me down was not true!

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

Its a temporary fix but afterwards you back at the same place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because it reminds you that you are still sexy and desirable.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, didn't see 'bad' there... they are definitely a coping mechanism but not necessarily bad.

• does it make you feel better? if so its not for us to judge

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's a terrible way to cope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, it's good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes