How long did it take you to get over a break up?

I broke up a month ago with her and it still hurts. How long did it take you?

I was in a relationship for 4 months

202

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a short relationship, it takes me a few weeks. If it was something serious, a few months at least.

Most Helpful Guy

• About a day.

What Girls Said 19

• 4 months is not really serious, even thought WHO IM I TO JUDGE maybe you did suffer still, but usually, I applied a lot of changes in my life in order not to be remembered by that person again.
    Basically I changed a little bit of my style, bought new close, sold the old ones, or gave them to charity, i changed my Room appearance, as in - i turned around my bed, I changed hair style, I made more sports it would always make me feel better about myself.
    And the best of all , I would hang out more with my friends and go out to parties on weekends.

• Depends 4 months is verythromycin serious for me. We were already talking about future kids, she was showing me rings she wanted, etc.

My buddy got engaged in under a month and over 1.5 years later they are still together. Each relationship moves faster or slower so it depends

• I was in my relationship for 3 months and it still hurts every once in a while but I'm over him. He was the first person I fell in love with and because of that, I don't think it will ever stop hurting. It took me 8 days to get over him.

• I was in a relationship for a year. I broke up with him and we're still good friends. Sometimes I regret breaking up with him. He was extremely nice except he was stressed out to where I would do everything I could to make him happy and it wouldn't work. Break ups are hard, but get your mind occupied when stuff you like. Volunteer at a shelter, go to any art class that looks good to you, sign up for a gym or get back into the things you love.

• Being friends with an ex is impossible unless there were no feelings there

• I dont think im fully over my ex. its been 4 years but we were together for two. i think its just because i was so young and he was my first "love". i dont know. he's married and has a child now. but sometimes i think back at how we could've been that way. which totally sucks because im in a relationship. so.. yeah. its just weird.

• My last one took about 8-12 months

• It took me 10 minutes. After I told my daddy he bought me a Porshe Mission E and I felt better. My dad was like "You don't need him anyways. I'll always be here." Then he got me the car. I love my daddy. He makes life easier.

• About 5-6 months

• about 6 years

• Usually I get over it immediately but with one guy it took more than a year.

• How is it possible to get over immediately? Only way I see it is if you weren't into the person my ex stayed with me even though she wasn't that into me and she cheated now in that case I can see her getting over it.

• Yeah, well I guess I don't really fall in love anymore... Since I got over that guy. I can't be single all the time either, but I don't care about breaking up because I don't get attached. I feel so empty but I guess it's better than heartbroken.

• one week

• It usually depends on the person you dated some take longer then others and some very short.

• Normally a few months. (3-6)
    (Not including my ex husband)

• It was a year for me, and I was in the relationship for almost two years.

• i was with someone for almost a year, and it took about two three months to stop thinking about him

• A few years

• 3 weeks for a year long relationship lmao

• My worst breakup... Almost a year

• It's been months and I'm still not even close to over it

• Almost a year :(

• How long were you together?

• On and off for about 2 years

What Guys Said 1

• After a decade+ relationship it took me six months