I'm short. Does it mean m ugly?

I'm barely 5 feet. Does that mean I'm ugly and unattractive. My boyfriend is 5.8 only. He thinks I'm ugly. I won't look good with him after marriage. So he's breaking off 6 years relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being short means you are hugely attractive to many guys. I prefer girls to be under 5' and a few inches. I doubt very much you are remotely ugly, as he would not have wasted 6 years of his life. He is just using it all as an excuse for leaving.

Put it behind you, and find one of the many guys that will truly love you for being you.

Most Helpful Girl

• what? that's so mean that he would say that to you, you have to realize you are wonderful no matter what he said or anyone said. You have your own uniqueness and you have your own gifts to give to the world. Just move on from that guy, he's giving you toxic air.

What Guys Said 17

• 1. Height has nothing to do with attractiveness. My girlfriend is 5' 0" and she is a real cutie!

2. If he thinks you are ugly, then he must be stupid. Why does a guy date a girl who he thinks is ugly for 6 years?

3. If he thinks you are ugly, why did you stay with him for 6 years? You just wasted about 7-9% of your life.

4. Was this relationship all about sex? Think long about what you have done and learn some lessons before you move on.

• that's not the point. he got someone else. it is just a pathetic reason to break up. if he thought that you are ugly then 6years is a long time to judge your beauty by height. he was just passing time with you (personal opinion) these kind of guys are easy to play with for girls, I am sure he will someday will get betrayed like he betrayed you. 6 years is not a joke so sorry for your loss but I am happy that he left you at this stage. if you were married to him and then this thing had have happened then it would be more painful. you are 26 so you have lots of time to find a better guy. just relax and spend your time. e with family and friends more to forget that scum bucket.

• He was the one who wanted to marry me. I gave 6 years of my life and he just said coz you're short my family won't agree. Height was never the issue. But all of sudden he said its your height. I begged pleaded but he just gone ☹️😭

• who cares for height these days?
      if he knew his family won't agree to your height then why did he even get in relationship?
      I cannot digest his reasoning.
      I am sure he just got a new girl or he may be dating someone else for a while. he has already left you so stop wasting your time thinking about him.

you should have options and not be an option for someone else.

• i love short girls andd im 6ft1 my previous girlfriend was incredibly petite, around 5ft1 and 107lbs. if anything i prefer short girls, fun sized;p easy to pick up and carry with ya if she takes too long in a store ahah ur boyfriend is a piece of shit for saying that and only wants to hurt you obviously he doesn't think ur ugly if he dated you that long.

• No. This is crazy! Find yourself a better man

• Wtf lmao. Sometimes I read these questions on gag and ask myself if people actually operate like this in real life.

• You're not ugly, he is just an utter piece of crap, personally I love short girls

• Haha. He's a loser. You lucked out dumping him.

• your boyfriend does not deserve you, you are not ugly i am sure you are lovely and your height is fun sized

• Don't waste another minute with him

• >Girl

no

• No I honestly prefer short girls

• I like short girls because they can wear heels.

• This guy sounds like an asshole. I personally like shorter girls

• nooo short girls ❤❤❤

• short girls are beautiful

• Short people are unattractive, accept it.
    See even your boyfriend is so short.

• Different parts of the world have different views on female height.

in north America, more men -prefer- short women then prefer tall women, though both have fans.

To me, a woman being 5' would be a plus. I find it extra sexy.

What Girls Said 7

• No it's doesn't mean you're ugly at all. That's a ridiculous reason to call off a relationship! You'll find someone much better than him I'm sure of it.

• he is an idiot dear

• Woooooooooow its not ur height thats bothering him or he wouldn't have stayed with u for 6 years, asshole. but no, height does not make u unattractive, im 5'2 and never had relationship problems cause of my height

• Jesus.

• you r not ugly:) it's just him!!

• Since when does height equate to beauty or attractiveness?

You are SO MUCH better than that AND deserve better than that sad excuse of a man.

Yes, you have been with him for a long time, BUT obviously all that time meant nothing to him, since he can so easily break it off over the excuse that you're too short and won't look good on his arm as his wife. Basically, what he is saying is that he's only looking for a woman to be a "trophy wife". Don't lower yourself to that kind of standard. You get yourself a man that appreciates ALL of you, inside and out.

I'm only 5 feet, so I know that sometimes being short can feel like you're not as good as taller women (because we're "told" and shown that beauty means long legs, skinny supermodel looks), but that is not the case, and I need to remind myself that from time to time.

• If short men are ugly then why aren't short women ugly and unattractive?
      She says her boyfriend is 5'8 'only". She is putting him down

• @creativeuserguy
      I disagree. Short men are not ugly; they may be by your standards, and by "society," but they are not by everyone's standards. You're making height and attractiveness synonymous terms when they're not. Sure, a lot of people put preference on it, but it doesn't mean that short guys or girls are ugly.

I don't see it as her putting him down. I see it as her giving a reference point; she said her boyfriend called her short, and to give context, she gave his height. You're making it about the man and how the man is the victim, and missing the entire point of why she posted what she did.

• I am not saying the man is a victim. Nah not at all. I am just saying it's more bad for him to be short man. Being a short man is more hard tough and painful

• He leave you because he doesn't want his child to be tiny and unattractive