Why isn't he texting back?

I asked this guy I just met for his number over Facebook because I was going away camping and it would be easier to text. We texted back and forth a couple of times then I turned my phone off at 3 30 to save it for the night. I turned it back on at 9 30 pm to find out that he texted me sometime during that 6 hour period. It was a question. I answered the question, and two minutes later, sent another text that apologized for responding so late. I never got a text back. I texted him the following days just saying 'what's up?' and he never answered that either. When my friend texted him the NEXT day, he answered back. He was grounded during the weekend, but I do not think his mom took the phone away since he was texting me while he was with her, and since he texted my guy friend back. So, what's up? I don't want to text again, because that will seem annoying? Help?

Oh by the way, I am seeing him Friday, and I'm wondering if I should talk to him about it.

He is really not a jerk at all, he is super nice and super sweet, but I'm not even sure if he likes me.. I hope so..
Why isn't he texting back?
6
2