She told me she wanted to be alone to get over an ex, only to find out she is back with him? what to do?

I hooked up with a girl who got out of an abusive relationship with her ex. Things were going great, she even told me she was falling in love with me. Then, out of the blue, she completely changed her behavior towards me and I knew what was coming, the break up. She explained that she wanted some time alone to find herself and not be with anyone so that she could get over her ex. She even went so far as to make sure that I understood her reason why we were breaking up. It broke my heart because I had started to develop strong feelings for her, but I was willing to give her the space she asked for and I backed off, stopped calling, to make things easier for the both of us. After the break up things were OK, then slowly she started acting very uncomfortable around me(we had a few classes together), like when she would look at me she would lose all emotion in her face and couldn't stand to look at me. I just thought she felt bad about hurting me, because I was really disappointed. So, some time goes by without any contact and we run into each other at the campus cafeteria, and she initiates some small talk with me, which I took as a good sign that she was feeling better and ready to talk with me. Then, the curve ball gets thrown at me. The very next day, right when I was starting to feel better about things between us, my friend tells me that he had seen her holding hands with some guy, and when she saw my friend(she knows who he is), she tried to play it off by letting go of the guys hand. I asked my friend if he could ID the fella by some pics on FB and he said it was him, her ex. Not only that, but my friend had seen her and him together around the time that we had broken up, but he didn’t think anything of it at the time. So, now I feel betrayed and lied to. I feel lied to because she told me she didn’t want to be with anyone, and it just adds to the pain because I wanted to try and be friends with her somewhere down the line after the emotions cooled down a bit. Now there is a trust issue there, and I feel like I can't be friends with someone who would lie to me like that. Since then, I have made no effort to contact her, I have not confronted her about it, I haven’t said anything to her. I saw her on the last day of finals, and she walked right past me without even looking at me, although she knew I was there because I sat in the front. My question is, if I care about this girl, should I just wait and see if she wants to talk to me again? Or should I try to talk to her? I have really been trying to be a strong person and not let my emotions lead me to make any rash decisions, so as of now, I have not said or done anything. Part of me says let go and see what happens, and another says maybe you should talk to her about it. Thanks for any input.

11

What Girls Said 1

• dont try and talk to her. she's wrong for that. she doesn't deserve you. don't sit around and wait for her, move on

What Guys Said 1

• Leave her alone... Now you know how you have to be to get a woman to keep running back to you. The more you treat a woman good, the more likely she will leave you. You weren't exciting enough to keep. Let me say this, she doesn't feel bad, she was just trying to make you feel better. This is what many girls do, and this is the reason why many gey are the way they are. Don't be friends with her, never talk to her again, and they next time you have a girlfriend do the opposite of what you were doing with this girl. Nice guys finish last...